What's the deal with the Umfaan?

UMFAAN UMFAAN UMFAAN UMFAAN UMFAAN UMFAAN UMFAAN UMFAAN

DO NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE! (at least until the Umfaan returns)

They GOTTA bring back the UMFAAN! They must!! The Umfaan MUST live again!

Eat your hearts out, guys! Bwahhahhhahh (I mean that only in the nicest way :p )

umfaan1.jpg

MarkJ: That is an amazing Umfaan!! And oh, by the way, you suck!! I mean that in the nicest way!! Seriously, comgrats on owner that gorgeous knife!

Thanks guys. I typically use it to dig weeds out of the cracks in my driveway, and the scrap crud off the underside of my SUV. :p Yeah, right.

Seriously, it's been a safe queen since I got it. I did offer it for sale some time ago, but the person declined. That was back when I would offer it for a reasonable price. :D

- Mark

Yeah, I remember this one... seen it before here. Awesome piece.

Adam, welcome aboard (finally)!

PiterM: If you ever want to get rid of yours, I would be more than happy to give it a great home!! They need to bring back the Umfaan!! Long live the Umfaaan!!

I received this email from Anne at CRK. It doesn't look good, but there is some hope.

Hello,

Thanks for your email– I am sorry to hear you sound so sad and I wish I had better news for you! We reached a point where we had finished the on hand inventory of Umfaan handles and blades, and before runninganother batch Chris decided he wanted to redesign certain features. We stopped making the Umfaan fairly close to the time that we introduced the Mnandi, and even though the Umfaan had a shorter blade than the Mnandi, there is quite a lot of crossover. The Umfaan project is not a cancelled one, but we do not have a projected date for it to come back.

We hear your plea-
Best wishes
Anne

I wrote them too, and they told me that it was on hold. I hope to God they bring it back!!! Do you think we could start a petiton to have them start making it again? I am serious!! What do you guys think??

Must have Umfaan......Must have Umfaan......
please!

Please, please, please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love mine too much to use it!

I must have an Umfaan! I must have on!! You must bring it back!! Umfaan!! Umfaan! Umfaan!! Umfaan!!

Please add me to the list of people who would love, love, love, love it if the Umfaan came back. Even if it were just for a pre-order-only sprint run (wink-wink, nudge-nudge).

I greet.
I have large sebenza regular, I desire classic small and umfaan. Then to be happy.:D :confused:

When I visited the CR booth at the SHOT show in Atlanta in 2000, they had a LH Umfaan sitting on the shelf. I curse myself for not buying the cute rascal when I had a chance.....

Back