What's the most ergonomic and comfortable knife you own ( folder/ fixed ) Worst?

I really like thinner narrow handles.

The Endura 4, especially the G-10 version has to be about the most comfortable folder, and and far as fixed blades go, the Busse Active Duty is perfect when it comes to comfort. I have only handled one other knife that felt better than my AD, the Spyderco Phil Wilson Southfork. I just have not brought myself to spend the money on it, especially when I have several other fixed blades that are really good too.

Worst ones don't usually hang around long enough for me to take note. Sebenza really did nothing for me though. :eek:

Last edited:
Best: I'm partial to a Spyderco Military.

Worst: MicroTech Whale shark, grip it hard and it moves out of your hand, freaky.

Without a doubt the Swamp Rat: Ratmandu for fixed blades & a Core Knife Co: Corehart.
folder: my experience is very limited, Spyderco Tenacious

Worst:
BK11, Remora & Browning Barker/Crowell Competition Knife (squared and sharp scales).

Eli

Best folder: large sebenza inlay
Worst folder: hogue ex02 (lot of hotspot, clip)
Best fixed: MLL gobi
Worst fixed: none
Best kitchen: misono sujihiki (main work knife)
Worst kitchen: none

Best:
Hinderer XM-18 3.5"
Cold Steel Trailmaster

Worst:
SOG SV68
Puma White Hunter

At the moment I would have to go with my ZT 0561, I love my Microtech Socom Elite to death but it does not fill my hand the same way and I love the 3D shaped titanium on my ZT. That is my best.

Worst would probably a buck knife I own but I do not know the model. It is a less expensive one but US made. Grip has no contouring and is made of some cheap rubber/plastic. Does not help that this knife has been used so much that the action is terrible even after cleaning it up. Guess that is what happens when you cut open a can if beans on a camping trip.

Spyderco Superleaf is the most comfortable folder for me but it is a load to pocket so for practical and most comfortable I would say the Stretch Carbon Fiber or Caly 3.5 G10.

Spyderco again for production fixed blade in a tie with the Bushcrafter and the Temperance 2 edging out the BRKT Aurora & Bravo 1, Ratmandu and Beckers.

My most comfortable custom fixed blade is a Moose Hunter from our own Big Chris. In addition to Big Chris I have very comfortable customs from others makers here on the forum including Alan Davis, KFU, JK, Dogwood, Fletcher, Tackett and Fiddleback. All those guys make very comfortable and ergonomic handles that are a step up from production handles.

Back