What's the most ergonomic and comfortable knife you own ( folder/ fixed ) Worst?

In regard to ergonomics:

best folder - Cold Steel Mini AK-47
worst folder - Cold Steel American Lawman (I think it's a great knife, but it just doesn't fit my hand well)

best fixed - ESEE Izula II
worst fixed - ESEE 4 (Again, I think it's a great knife, but the handle doesn't fit me as well as I would like it to; I plan on trying a Fallkniven at some point)

Last edited:
Kershaw lahar with a cryo low ride clip , nothing has been able to kick it out of my pockect

best folder ergos: Emerson (framelock) CQC-10, Spyderco Ti Military
worst: ZT0350, Kershaw Shallot (regular), Kershaw Leek (regular)

best fixed: Ontario Gen2 SP51, Fairly Havok X (gloved)
Can't really say I have any fixed blades with bad handle ergos, since they can usually be made better with minimal effort.

Best: Spyderco dragonfly followed closely by paramilitary 2
Worst: benchmade 940...this knife just does nothing for me! I know lots of folks love it...meh, I just don't get it.

best folder: spyderco pm2 (i like the big handle).

best fixed: gravelle fk-sm. love this knife in ways i shoudnt.

worst folder: crkt drifter. its a junk knife, soft blade, crappy action, just hate it....glad i got it off of a deal of the day site, because this knife is almost worse than nothing.

worst fixed blade: not sure.

Umm, what are you actually doing with the knife?? :eek: maybe I shouldn't ask! ;)

most ergonomic and comfortable knife i own?
handles on a fixed blade would include the
timberline aviator
i_133.jpg

and crkt kasper polkowski
81956090.jpg

Kershaw Tremor is the comfiest knife I own, though I can't help but feel like I am holding Count Dooku's lightsaber every time I hold it. Seems quite fitting considering considering that knife cuts through everything with ease.

I find it amusing that most of the knives presented in this thread are generally high dollar knives with exotic steels, etc. The above knife is a $25 knife with a good Chinese steel that will sharpen up easily and hold a good edge under normal use. I own one of these and it is my favorite heavy duty use knife. I removed the pocket clip as I have no use for pocket clips, and it is very comfortable for a large bladed folder. Too heavy for me for an EDC as I carry an Opinel #6 as my go to EDC. But, my hat is off to you Bob6794 for posting a working man's budget knife that is an excellent knife to use for serious knife duties. Doesn't take high dollar knives to enjoy your knife for what a knife is made for, and that is to use and cut things with.

I am not knocking any of the other mentioned knives as the question from the OP was what knife do YOU....., and we are each individuals and have different criteria and wants/needs.

Blessings,

Omar

best folder: delica 4, or possibly squeak, depending on the task
best fixed: lionsteel m3. only fixed i have, but i'm pretty sure i'm not going to find a better one for my hand

Best folder: LionSteel SR-1
Worst folder: BM530

Best fixed: Spyderco Schempp Rock
Worst Fixed: ESEE Izula

Best folder: LionSteel SR-1
Worst folder: BM530

Best fixed: Spyderco Schempp Rock
Worst Fixed: ESEE Izula

I'm a little surprised to see someone not liking the Izula. I've heard alot of good about the Izula 1 and 2 and was thinking about buying one myself.

I love my Izula, it's just my least ergonomic knife

My El Patron flipper with a 3.75" blade. Those handles are like a custom fit for me. No sharp edges either.

For ergonomics only, my Emerson Super Commander is like a custom fit for my hand. I have a lot of smaller knives that have great ergos and they feel great in-hand, but the large beefy handle on the SC takes the number one spot for me.

It would be between my ZT0600 and ZT0801 and with the 600 having such nice rounded edges to it I guess I would pick it as 1 and the 801 as 2.

Best folder: Spyderco Dragonfly. Fits my hands perfectly. Would kill for a fixed blade with identical ergonomics.
Worst folder: Benchmade CQC-7. Sharp edges belong on blades, not handles.

All of my fixed blades are neck knives, which sacrifice ergonomics for concealability. But of those, the TOPS Tibo is best with the Spyderco Swick3 just a bit behind.

Back