What's The Point?. . . . . Wanna see?? . . . Forsaken Mistress Spy Pic!!!!. . .

Pretty busy today, so no time for sending photos, but looks like folks are getting taken care of. :thumbsup:

Careful people.. these final pics from last night are dangerous.
If you look...just count yourself $???.?? poorer..

More likely $,$$$.$$. Can’t eat buy just one... :eek::eek::eek:

Pretty busy today, so no time for sending photos, but looks like folks are getting taken care of. :thumbsup:

More likely $,$$$.$$. Can’t eat buy just one... :eek::eek::eek:
Ya man you need a breather....
An yes, there will be a comma present on my receipt as well... God help us

So is "Forsaken Battle Mistress" its offical name?.. or was it the battle mistress that was forsaken, but we've yet to learn its original name??:confused:
Seems FBM...might cause future confusion..

Not that it matters as SR101 is not an option, but the short answer to your question is that the steel type is not as relevant to the performance of a chopper as the design of the blade itself. So no. In the same knife shape, they would chop equally. The advantages of INFI are not immediately noticeable for short term use and if you maintain your gear not really an issue in long term use. INFI is a higher insurance for stupid behavior.

True...

My neighbor worked at Bridgestone. Part of his job description was cutting excess rubber off the molds/tires that were hanging at about eye-level. He used a somewhat specialized blade like a hybrid between a carpet knife and a seat belt cutter. It was mild steel, non-stainless. He said he touched it up all day long and would need a replacement a couple times per calendar year depending on business/production. He'd change out when he noted his efficiency was dropping off. Him-- and workers like him, butchers, carpet layers, etc.-- can truly discern the difference between steels. He retired last year after his 4th shoulder surgery. :thumbsdown::( Don't know how many of us are willing to drink from that cup in the name of testing steels. I know I won't.

Having said that, I've found no other steel that suits ME better than satin & comp. finish INFI. Spyderco's Cruwear comes mighty close. My Cruwear Millie has taken a nice patina with no rust or pitting and it's a dream to touch up on the Sharpmaker. Ditto for the INFI >>> :thumbsup:

It's a "horses for courses" type thing as Cobalt outlined-- grind, handle, ergos, overall dimensions, balance-- with steel type being near the rear of the pack in terms of importance for my users. Just think-- you can even have variance within the steels themselves depending on the "batch." Bad or inconsistent HT's can make a supersteel seem to perform like Jarbenza grade stainless.

Now consider the heated debate between the species of INFI alone. >>> M-INFI, INFI from 15 years ago, etc. etc. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So is "Forsaken Battle Mistress" its offical name?.. or was it the battle mistress that was forsaken, but we've yet to learn its original name??:confused:
Seems FBM...might cause future confusion..

I hinted at the same thing last night. Jerry even quoted my post, but either forgot to answer it, or didn’t realize what I was saying.

I propose to call it the FBBM; Forsaken Bowie Battle Mistress. :cool:

What did Jerry say the Nuclear option meant on this new battle mistress?

I hinted at the same thing last night. Jerry even quoted my post, but either forgot to answer it, or didn’t realize what I was saying.

That would seem to be a more appropriate name due to the "Bowie" Clip...I like it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

So can we talk about the knife?!? It seems that this thread has just turned into pic requests.

Do you think it will be a good chopper considering the clip point and possible weight reduction near the end of the blade? I really like the LB treatment. I'm curious to see how it compares to other versions of the Mistress.

What did Jerry say the Nuclear option meant on this new battle mistress?
Jerry never openly stated all the Nuclear Options only they would be there...So the "LB" treatment which will not be visible and the Fuller which will be visible are two I have seen and must be coming out of the Custom Shop?

I like it... thats got my vote

Jerry never openly stated all the Nuclear Options only they would be there...So the "LB" treatment which will not be visible and the Fuller which will be visible are two I have seen and must be coming out of the Custom Shop?
An the smooth g10 (nuclear)

Back