Off Topic whats your buyers remorse?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Jake Dawson, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Jake Dawson

Jake Dawson

Jul 19, 2020
    so i have this Remington 40001 with 420J2, not a bad steel by any means however there's no way ill actually use it for EDC, i designated it to food knife
    420J2+african wood handle is not a bad combo for a picnic knife.
    i have another Remington in J2 and im thinking about giving it away.

whats your buyers remorse?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  2. Bastler

Bastler Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2020
    Buyer's remorse? The drawer full of knives that seldom see the light of day. I carry and use my Brisa Necker while the others wait their turn. I sold about everything that would bring a dollar except those with sentimental value. I keep a pile of knives for gifts to the less discriminating knife users out there. They also make a fine gratuity.

Pomsbz, j-vtol, Pharmagator and 5 others like this.
  3. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    My buyer's remorse?
    Waiting way too long to buy the large Curtiss F3 that was on the exchange not too long ago... then when I finally decided to do it, I didn't jump on line and do right then - I waited a couple of hours. By the time I got around to it, I'd missed it by just over an hour

Pharmagator, ATJ999 and Jake Dawson like this.
  4. dsutton24

dsutton24 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2018
    I don't get that. I get, "Why the heck didn't I buy that when I had the chance?"

evilgreg, Alsharif, evltcat and 5 others like this.
  5. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Other than buying too many; regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention.

6. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    My bank account is my biggest buyer's remorse when it comes to knives... I could have so much more in there saved up...

But then I wouldn't have all my knives so, remorse is already gone...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Smaug, ATJ999, Quapukulu and 2 others like this.
  7. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    The two Boker folders I bought. Poor factory edges and poor action on both.

8. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Curious if they were China made Bokers, or Solingen?

bigsurbob likes this.
  9. Shorttime

Shorttime

Oct 16, 2011
    The Emerson Mini-CQC-7. I finally realized it was more expensive than I was comfortable with actually carrying and using.

10. JDRanger

JDRanger

Aug 14, 2017
    Medford Knife - Micro Praetorian G

11. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    Kershaw emerson cqc-4kxl d2, which I paid 43$. It’s not an expensive knife but it looked much better to me in pictures, nor is it a bad knife by any means; it’s just ugly. But it cuts and is rugged, perfect for a budget user... or a gift

12. JokersFaceLifter

JokersFaceLifter

Jan 6, 2016
    interesting question, a Brisa trapper (i know i know) but my trapper was NOT heat treated properly, i carved at some wood and the edge was riddled with chips, rolls, and dents.. i was flabberghasted, i returned it, and had another brisa on the way, and returned that without even opening the box, 2 knives, a little over 300 dollars --- never again

13. JokersFaceLifter

JokersFaceLifter

Jan 6, 2016
    i have a medford raider, i regret it a little bit but nothing i can do about it now, been used and it cleared my credit card

14. vjb.knife

vjb.knife Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2002
    I have hundreds of knives and I will never use a lot of them. So, I guess that's buyers remorse to some degree. Someday I will get around to selling a bunch of them. I have no knife stores near me and when I get interested in a particular knife I just buy it. If I don't like it eventually I sell it off.

Pharmagator and Cognoscenti like this.
  15. dcycleman

dcycleman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2009
    I’m sick, I don’t regret them

16. flip888

flip888

Jun 8, 2006
    I buy mostly budget friendly knives like Moras, SAKs and Leathermans. My expensive-ish knives were given to me. So I can honestly say I have no buyer's remorse at all.

Smaug likes this.
  17. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    I regret not getting the Cru-wear Shaman in my local online knife shop.

bigsurbob, willc and ATJ999 like this.
  18. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    My last "buyer's remorse" that I remember?
    Red 1986 Chevy 4x4 S10 Blazer, in 1991 or 1992.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    BigKurtHaze and Elidog1966 like this.
  19. Wurger190

Wurger190 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2014
    A Gerber 600 multi tool. So clunky and rough. A Leatherman Rebar purchase fixed that.

20. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Yep I'm on of those that has waited around on a knife too long and they all get sold/ discontinued.
    Then I'm like "damn.....if I'd've just made up my mind a week earlier I'd have one"
    I think it's best to have your mind pretty well made up in the pre-order phase and order one if you want it.

A couple years seems to be a little too long to decide you want to buy in many cases :D:D