Off Topic whats your buyers remorse?

so i have this Remington 40001 with 420J2, not a bad steel by any means however there's no way ill actually use it for EDC, i designated it to food knife
420J2+african wood handle is not a bad combo for a picnic knife.
i have another Remington in J2 and im thinking about giving it away.

whats your buyers remorse?

Last edited:
Buyer's remorse? The drawer full of knives that seldom see the light of day. I carry and use my Brisa Necker while the others wait their turn. I sold about everything that would bring a dollar except those with sentimental value. I keep a pile of knives for gifts to the less discriminating knife users out there. They also make a fine gratuity.

My buyer's remorse?
Waiting way too long to buy the large Curtiss F3 that was on the exchange not too long ago... then when I finally decided to do it, I didn't jump on line and do right then - I waited a couple of hours. By the time I got around to it, I'd missed it by just over an hour

My bank account is my biggest buyer's remorse when it comes to knives... I could have so much more in there saved up...

But then I wouldn't have all my knives so, remorse is already gone...

Last edited:
The two Boker folders I bought. Poor factory edges and poor action on both.

The Emerson Mini-CQC-7. I finally realized it was more expensive than I was comfortable with actually carrying and using.

Kershaw emerson cqc-4kxl d2, which I paid 43$. It’s not an expensive knife but it looked much better to me in pictures, nor is it a bad knife by any means; it’s just ugly. But it cuts and is rugged, perfect for a budget user... or a gift

interesting question, a Brisa trapper (i know i know) but my trapper was NOT heat treated properly, i carved at some wood and the edge was riddled with chips, rolls, and dents.. i was flabberghasted, i returned it, and had another brisa on the way, and returned that without even opening the box, 2 knives, a little over 300 dollars --- never again

I have hundreds of knives and I will never use a lot of them. So, I guess that's buyers remorse to some degree. Someday I will get around to selling a bunch of them. I have no knife stores near me and when I get interested in a particular knife I just buy it. If I don't like it eventually I sell it off.

I buy mostly budget friendly knives like Moras, SAKs and Leathermans. My expensive-ish knives were given to me. So I can honestly say I have no buyer's remorse at all.

A Gerber 600 multi tool. So clunky and rough. A Leatherman Rebar purchase fixed that.

Yep I'm on of those that has waited around on a knife too long and they all get sold/ discontinued.
Then I'm like "damn.....if I'd've just made up my mind a week earlier I'd have one"
I think it's best to have your mind pretty well made up in the pre-order phase and order one if you want it.

A couple years seems to be a little too long to decide you want to buy in many cases :D:D

Back