Off Topic whats your buyers remorse?

Yeah it's basically a combination thumb hole and thumb ramp. It can be removed, but requires a very very small hex wrench (the set screw is in the spine)...something a hair larger than .035", but smaller than .05". I had removed the one on my Grik for awhile, but ended up putting it back. The .035 wrench just barely worked on the Grik, but just tried it on the GE and it's too loose (but the .05 is still too big). The hole in the GE would be even larger and probably function even better as a thumb hole than it did in the Grik.

This may sound silly, but try different hex wrenches, in the same size. Even tools have different levels of tolerances! I have discovered this with the tiny torx screws and allen screws.

Short of that, heat up the screw and try again.

Thanks for the information btw!

This may sound silly, but try different hex wrenches, in the same size. Even tools have different levels of tolerances! I have discovered this with the tiny torx screws and allen screws.

Short of that, heat up the screw and try again.

Thanks for the information btw!

I have 2 of the .035, and there is a bit of difference in the Grik. One will move about 1/8 turn before it grabs, and the other maybe 1/10 or 1/12 before it grabs. But both are too loose for the GE...can feel the corners catch slightly but they just spin. So not sure if the screws are actually different, or if it's just tolerances. But that's fine, as I have no desire to remove it from the GE...works great.

Yeah it's basically a combination thumb hole and thumb ramp. It can be removed, but requires a very very small hex wrench (the set screw is in the spine)...something a hair larger than .035", but smaller than .050". I had removed the one on my Grik for awhile, but ended up putting it back. The .035 wrench just barely worked on the Grik, but just tried it on the GE and it's too loose (but the .05 is still too big). The hole in the GE would be even larger and probably function even better as a thumb hole than it did in the Grik.
That sounds like a one millimetre metric hex

I believe the Canadians use metrics. Not sure, just saying. Anyways, such a small wrench costs next to nothing. I would give it a shot.

The large majority of my buyers remorse has been buying a knife that was close to what I wanted, but not what I actually wanted, just because it was what was available. I always ended up selling whatever knife it was at a loss.

Outside of that, it's pretty rare that I buy something I actually want and have regrets about it. The biggest exception is my recent purchase of a Sebenza 31. I've had many CRK's over the years, and this one had the worst action I've ever experienced in a Chris Reeve by a longshot. Literally every knife I own from a $70 Cold Steel Voyager, to $600 Striders, to Emersons on nylatron washers, every single one has a better action. Apparently this is how the new models just are and it's pretty disappointing.

Fällkniven F1x.

The handle, more specifically the scales, are way to thin. They are also prone to let moisture under them, not a big fan of that even if it wouldn't be an issue unless its saltwater.

Sold it and I guess it is my last FK I ever bought. Not a fan of the pricing and the resent reports of bad customer service.

Outside of that, it's pretty rare that I buy something I actually want and have regrets about it. The biggest exception is my recent purchase of a Sebenza 31. I've had many CRK's over the years, and this one had the worst action I've ever experienced in a Chris Reeve by a longshot. Literally every knife I own from a $70 Cold Steel Voyager, to $600 Striders, to Emersons on nylatron washers, every single one has a better action. Apparently this is how the new models just are and it's pretty disappointing.
What was wrong with the action? My 31 was very stiff out of the box. After I stropped the washers and relieved some lockbar tension, it's perfect. I do wish it came that way from CRK though

Regrets:
ESEE Izula - small knife with a very thick blade stock and a poor sheath.
Cold Steel Mini AK47 - developed bad vertical blade play that couldn't be resolved.
Bradford Guardian 3 - Thick blade stock and a thick horizontal leather sheath that cannot be worn discreetly, unless you have a gut.
Reate Crossroads - Blade was off center, their US rep couldn't fix it and offered to have me pay for a new blade by sending it back to Reate. Nope. Should've returned it for a refund when I noticed it being off center.

What was wrong with the action?

It's very "start/stop" when opening and closing, not the smooth and hydraulic feel that CRK is known for and what I have experienced in the past. This is even after almost 3 months of break in both through a fair amount of legitimate use as well as a lot of opening and closing. The detent is unnecessarily strong, much more so than other ceramic ball interface knives like the Umnumzaan and Sebenza 25 that I've owned.

On top of it there is a very high amount of lock stick. People always criticize Emerson for their lock stick, which honestly is overblown but the lock stick is there. My Sebenza 31 has what feels like double or even triple the amount of stick than the standard Emerson has. I disassembled the knife, cleaned it and removed all the old lube, then relubricated it per CRK recommendations. The lock stick had increased to the point I nearly had to use a tool to pop the lockbar open to close the knife. The only fix was to put the CRK grease on the ceramic ball itself and the lockface. The lock stick was still present but was much less. However, after some use the grease has been rubbed off and dried a little bringing back the original amount of lock stick. In addition the centering was off when I initially received it, and disassembly/tuning has not fixed it.

I believe the Canadians use metrics. Not sure, just saying. Anyways, such a small wrench costs next to nothing. I would give it a shot.

Found only one listing on ebay...was like $3, but was in the UK and shipping was like $25:eek:.

Both metric sets I have only go down to 1.5mm:(

Lionsteel KUR Metamorphosis. Worst action I have ever had. Detent ball was missing. Bought it because it was Blade Show knife of the year 2016, the year I seriously came back to knives and got lured. Got my lesson about marketing and phony show rewards.

Fallkniven A1. Terrible slippery handle that was fit with zero respect for tolerances, jiggling all over. Cost me half the price of the knife to get a G10 handle put on by a knifemaker. Also, discovered that blade was subcontracted in Japan.

Spyderco Ulize. Flimsiest folder I ever bought.

It's very "start/stop" when opening and closing, not the smooth and hydraulic feel that CRK is known for and what I have experienced in the past. This is even after almost 3 months of break in both through a fair amount of legitimate use as well as a lot of opening and closing. The detent is unnecessarily strong, much more so than other ceramic ball interface knives like the Umnumzaan and Sebenza 25 that I've owned.

On top of it there is a very high amount of lock stick. People always criticize Emerson for their lock stick, which honestly is overblown but the lock stick is there. My Sebenza 31 has what feels like double or even triple the amount of stick than the standard Emerson has. I disassembled the knife, cleaned it and removed all the old lube, then relubricated it per CRK recommendations. The lock stick had increased to the point I nearly had to use a tool to pop the lockbar open to close the knife. The only fix was to put the CRK grease on the ceramic ball itself and the lockface. The lock stick was still present but was much less. However, after some use the grease has been rubbed off and dried a little bringing back the original amount of lock stick. In addition the centering was off when I initially received it, and disassembly/tuning has not fixed it.
The detent/stiffness on mine was extra tough off the bat. Regarding the lockstick issue, that's really unfortunate. Mine has the tiniest amount of lock stick. Have you tried contacting CRK?

as others have hinted i have part time "un-buyer's remorse"
ive had items in the cart i wasn't comfortable pulling the trigger on and were sold out by the time i decided to live a little. but in terms of buyers remorse i gave SOG another try and bought a spec elite 2 and have front and back blade play as well as up and down that i cant fix, so i just use the knife for what it is and if it breaks it breaks, another remorse purchase was Benchmades AFO 2 (yes im aware its been elevated to god-hood) but the knife i got has blade play and if i tighten it a smidgen it won't fire, so i also use that around the house for (whatever tasks) until it too, breaks

Back