What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

UXFiNP1h.jpg

I carried the 4 Max Scout today... it wasn't too bad. I pulled it out to show some guys at the skeet club and, even there, it raised a lot of eyebrows. It's growing on me though.

My AD10 is scheduled to show up tomorrow. I think I'll find it a little better for carrying.

Carried my XL Voyager, clip point. Used it to slice up some packaging tape and cardboard. Come to think of it, I also used a Kershaw Camp 10 to slice up some cardboard, too, but I didn't carry it around with me all day like I did the other one...

I carried the 4 Max Scout today... it wasn't too bad. I pulled it out to show some guys at the skeet club and, even there, it raised a lot of eyebrows. It's growing on me though.

My AD10 is scheduled to show up tomorrow. I think I'll find it a little better for carrying.

I have the same reaction to my 4-Max. It's growing on me. I still find the extra length of the XL Voyager more useful, and it's lighter, but I'm not concerned about the tip on the 4-Max in the same way I am about the Voyager's.

In commemoration of the sale, I'm carrying my one and only CS (a recycled pic from last winter but am too lazy to stage a new one):
vj7uKDs.jpg

I have a Lawman just like this in my edc rotation. Light, strong, and very slicy. This is my knife that competes with the PM2 for the best edc on the folder market, IMO. And competes successfully, I might add. I also have the PM2 in that edc rotation so I get a chance to compare the two as often as I wish.

A couple inexpensive/budget friendly ones.
New Kudu with 5CR15MoVblade, and an "older" FINN BEAR (1.4116 Krupp blade) that came with the ballistic Nylon sheath.
The Kudu went into cargo pocket of cargo pants, "just because" and/or "Why Not?".
The FINN BEAR is in my "Euro Style" primary Rollator 4 wheel walker's tote/shopping bag.
Not shown: The 4 non-Cold Steel knives that are part of my EDC.

View attachment 1476484

Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear Point.
It wasn't on my need list. It wasn't even on my radar. But it was my birthday and there was this sale...

I don't have many knives with 4" blades, usually I find them difficult to open (medium-ish sized hands). But I find the Recon 1 easy to open and I really like the design of the spear point. Nice knife.
ViJRI6U.jpg

Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear Point.
It wasn't on my need list. It wasn't even on my radar. But it was my birthday and there was this sale...

I don't have many knives with 4" blades, usually I find them difficult to open (medium-ish sized hands). But I find the Recon 1 easy to open and I really like the design of the spear point. Nice knife.
ViJRI6U.jpg
Congrats! Looks like you also got the newer version with the smoother scale textures.

Back