What's your favorite concealed carry gun?

I have three:

- Keltec P32; all day, everyday, everywhere
- Kahr CM9; when I feel the need for a bigger cartridge but a not much bigger gun
- Glock 19; for those times I'm going to be out for awhile.

My main carry gun is a 9mms Shield. I also carry and like my Kahr CM9 and XDs45. All 3 are great carry guns. I have carried my Glock 23, but it is a tad too big most days for me.

I've only carried a few guns. But my favorite was actually a cheap Taurus pt145. Shot great, never jammed. I could hit a can 10 times in a row at 7 yards without the sights. And it was just small enough to conceal, but big enough to hold on to. 10 rounds of 45acp was cool to have. Now I carry a keltec 9mm with a crimson trace. It's okay, but I'm not quite as accurate with it.

I think I got it down to three.lol
1) glock 43
2) kahr pm9
3) ruger lc9

I chose these for the thinness, compact, reliability. I believe the pm9 is the smallest. I like thin knives, easy to carry,
I figure I'd be feeling the same way with a handgun.

I know at the range I go to the have the 43, and the lc9 available to rent, not sure about the pm9.
Still not definite with my choices, lol

I've had all 3, I only have the 43 now. They all carry about the same. If you go with the Ruger get the LC9S Pro, much better trigger than the regular LC9. The Kahr packs a little more punch, jumps a little more, whatever you want to call it. It's a little smaller and lighter than the others and that comes through in a little more muzzle flip and not quite as easy to get back on target. At least that was my experience. The 43 is a Glock. It shoots, feels, and looks like every other Glock. It's just thinner. I've got about 2000 rounds through mine and the trigger has smoothed out quite a bit. It was pretty gritty feeling at first. The other two triggers are much better out of the box.

Honestly, they're all similar enough that you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Recently posted this in another thread like this one, but it fits well here too. I am a big fan of the XD-s! :thumbup:

Favorite? Hands down, my '98, pre series-II, Kimber "Compact Custom" 1911 that I had further customized, and then everything that could be, was DLC-coated at IonBond. Screws, pins, sights, barrel, everything. :cool: Steel frame, shorter officer's grip, and short barrel. Perfect sized CCW! :D :thumbup: That's why so many are copying these specs now.

However, for less than half the money (actually, almost a third after everything I have into the Kimber :foot:), I now most often find myself carrying my Springfield stainless XD-s.

I just wish the XD-s had come out sooner. Would have saved me from buying the PF-9's... :rolleyes:

Finally, I still occasionally carry my Springfield stainless XD sub-compact in .40. It was my first CCW weapon, before all of the pocket 9's really hit the scene. It's still a great pistol, and shoots extremely well for me, despite the 3" barrel. Nice, hand-filling grip, especially with the extended magazine. Sorry, I don't seem to have any pics of this one in my bucket. :foot:

All of the above mentioned CCW pistols ride in Milt Sparks VM-2 holsters (as seen with the XD-s). Cannot say enough good things about these excellent CCW holsters!!! :thumbup: If you've never tried one, do yourself a favor and get on the waiting list!!! IMO, there is NO better CCW holster, and I've tried a lot of the "better" ones out there.

Like the Biscuit Whisperer up there, I am also a fan of the Remora pocket holsters. I don't pocket carry too often, but that's my holster of choice for when I do.

Finally, get a good gunbelt! They go a LONG way in helping with the comfort of CCW.

Either one of the heavy nylon types (Wilderness 5-stitch is popular), or a good, heavy leather one. I highly recommend The Beltman, though there are several good makers out there right now.

I have several different Beltman belts from the past 10 years, and I've been extremely pleased with all of them. Black, brown, horse, bull, and even a black Sharkskin one for more formal attire. I'd still like to purchase an Elephant skin one, but they're not cheap.

Glock 26.

Reliable, light, carries easily, and hides easily. Plus, longer mags at home.

If I only were to have one handgun, the G26 would be the one.

Ruger Speed Six .357 (out of production) has notched rear sight. 2.75" barrel. Unless your pants are tight, it carries unnoticeably in a front pocket. With the stock wooden grips, slides right out. If I'm walking at night I keep my hands in my pockets. I hope the need never arises. 911? Thanks anyways, I'm already dead.

Glock 26.

Reliable, light, carries easily, and hides easily. Plus, longer mags at home.

If I only were to have one handgun, the G26 would be the one.

Now I'm leaning towards the 26, being ammo capacity in magazines more important than thinness.

I held a 43 in my hand the other day, really liked it. I'll be going to the range prolly Tuesday , I know they have a huge glock selection for rentals there.

Thanks for all the replies👍

Go figure, went to the range today. Guess which glock was the only one that was rented out, off the property. Yup G26.
Lol

One thing to keep in mind about the Glock 43. With the little 26, you can use any of the magazines from a 17, 19, or even the big one with the 33 roun d capacity. They all will work in the 26.

With the 43, all you can use is the magazines for the 43.

They are sooo close in size, that if a 26 is too big, a 43 isn't much better.Then it's time to go to a Ruger LCP.

I carry a glock 19 in a nice holster, and while the 19 and 26 aren't much thicker then the 43 or an xds that extra thickness is really obvious when carrying IWB. A 43 or xds is considerably more comfortable to carry IWB compared to the 19/26 in my opinion.

I only carry two guns a Glock 19 if I can use a belt holster or a M&P Shield 9mm if I have to IWB. If I had to chose only one it would be the 19 without hesitation.

My wife has started hinting she wants my G26 and I'm thinking I can use it as an excuse to get a G19 lol. I went away from the 26 due to how uncomfortable it can be at times IWB and went to the LC9S Pro which feels awesome IWB at the expense of less rounds, but with the way things are getting these days I'm considering just wearing a slim OWB holster with a G19 and my shirt over it and not giving a damn if it prints or whatever. If it offends someone for me to legally carry and they have to go their safe space then sorry.

I carry a glock 19 in a nice holster, and while the 19 and 26 aren't much thicker then the 43 or an xds that extra thickness is really obvious when carrying IWB. A 43 or xds is considerably more comfortable to carry IWB compared to the 19/26 in my opinion.

^^^This!!! Same goes for me between my XD Sub-Compact .40 and the XD-s in .45. The guns are almost the same size, except in thickness, which makes ALL of the difference in the world to me! The thinner, single-stack XD-s is SO MUCH more comfortable to carry IWB! :thumbup:

My wife has started hinting she wants my G26 and I'm thinking I can use it as an excuse to get a G19 lol. I went away from the 26 due to how uncomfortable it can be at times IWB and went to the LC9S Pro which feels awesome IWB at the expense of less rounds, but with the way things are getting these days I'm considering just wearing a slim OWB holster with a G19 and my shirt over it and not giving a damn if it prints or whatever. If it offends someone for me to legally carry and they have to go their safe space then sorry.

If you're worried about printing, coats solve that. A buddy of mine wears a sport coat almost all of the time. ;)

The concern with printing is that in some places, if someone can tell you have a firearm and points you out to a cop, it could end badly, licensed carry or not.

If you're worried about printing, coats solve that. A buddy of mine wears a sport coat almost all of the time. ;)

The concern with printing is that in some places, if someone can tell you have a firearm and points you out to a cop, it could end badly, licensed carry or not.

Not intending to turn this into a political thread, but I'm just curious what you think could happen. Obviously won't carry in a courthouse or federal building whatsoever. Banks can be touchy, but my usual banks have zero security and I won't confirm nor deny I've carried in there before and would only deep carry in there anyway. If it's somewhere like Chipotle that has a no guns sign, what can they do other than ask you to leave? Those are the type places I always carry.

It's sad these days we feel like we have to strap up like going into battle, but it gets crazier everyday. Recently, at a large, very nice outdoor mall that my parents frequent, 3 armed dudes busted up in one store and robbed every person in there in probably the most random store you could imagine...a large name brand furniture store. Thanks Al Gore for online shopping. ;)

Last edited:
Not intending to turn this into a political thread, but I'm just curious what you think could happen. Obviously won't carry in a courthouse or federal building whatsoever. Banks can be touchy, but my usual banks have zero security and I won't confirm nor deny I've carried in there before and would only deep carry in there anyway. If it's somewhere like Chipotle that has a no guns sign, what can they do other than ask you to leave? Those are the type places I always carry.

It's sad these days we feel like we have to strap up like going into battle, but it gets crazier everyday. Recently, at a large, very nice outdoor mall that my parents frequent, 3 armed dudes busted up in one store and robbed every person in there in probably the most random store you could imagine...a large name brand furniture store. Thanks Al Gore for online shopping. ;)

Not trying to speak for SpyderPhreak here but depending on the state it can be considered a crime. Printing heavily can be considered brandishing in certain states or against the law because your gun is not "concealed". Most cops won't care but if it gets seen by the wrong person or reported by too many people it can mean trouble. Here in Vegas all it takes is two witnesses to constitute brandishing. So if two people call Metro and report that they felt you were exposing your weapon in what they felt was a threatening manner, guess what you get to have a chat with the police. Will it result in a charge or fine, probably not, will it be a huge annoying waste of time, definitely.

Back