What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Nice catch! The 804 whittler in any of its (notice: no apostrophe) iterations is just a great knife. I am sure that it is a temptation to put that one into your pocket! Looking at the swedges on that master clip blade makes me think that Camillus had a hand in these knives.

Nice catch! The 804 whittler in any of its (notice: no apostrophe) iterations is just a great knife. I am sure that it is a temptation to put that one into your pocket! Looking at the swedges on that master clip blade makes me think that Camillus had a hand in these knives.
Thanks!
Its an 8041 and you're right, I have thought it would be a good carry knife. This looks mostly unused. All blades nice and tight with good snap. I hadn't thought about the Camillus connection.

KTi76gV.jpg

Snappy, factory edges, my first large stockman.

1984 Heritage red bone 2661 Barlow. This is a second. The only flaws I can find: the shield is very slightly proud at the bolster end; and there is a small crack at the non-bolster end, pile side pin. Blades are tight with no play. Good snap. Needs a good cleaning.
Schrade H2661-1.JPG Schrade H2661-2.JPG

That yaller 881 is the identical twin to my old 'softsnap' on my workbench. I use it to cut stuff.

Reactions: 315
p2BFZPS.jpg

Slightly ashamed to post this old battle axe here but it's the last of three that I've recently received. This one needed a lot of clean up and yes, the sheath is a replacement.
A good one! Not bad shape at all and a lot of good use left in it! I miss mine. Congrats! Maybe you can post a family picture of all of your 165's! What is the serial number on that one?

A good one! Not bad shape at all and a lot of good use left in it! I miss mine. Congrats! Maybe you can post a family picture of all of your 165's! What is the serial number on that one?

Descriptive error on my part. When I wrote three, I should have stated, three Schrades. I'm a Gerber collector at heart and made an offer on a grab bag lot of knives to get the three Gerber's that I could identify. Most of the other knives turned out to be decent, including this 165, the sharpfinger and the LB7 that I have posted elsewhere. I've had virtually no experience with Schrade Old Timers and am enjoying learning about them. So, this is the only 165 I have and at the time, was not aware of the significance to the Walden stamp. Per the photo below, the knife was pretty dirty, but the blade profile is all there. This thing is incredibly stout and is shaving sharp. Oh, and no serial number on this one. Transitional?

yKwINqr.jpg

Descriptive error on my part. When I wrote three, I should have stated, three Schrades. I'm a Gerber collector at heart and made an offer on a grab bag lot of knives to get the three Gerber's that I could identify. Most of the other knives turned out to be decent, including this 165, the sharpfinger and the LB7 that I have posted elsewhere. I've had virtually no experience with Schrade Old Timers and am enjoying learning about them. So, this is the only 165 I have and at the time, was not aware of the significance to the Walden stamp. Per the photo below, the knife was pretty dirty, but the blade profile is all there. This thing is incredibly stout and is shaving sharp. Oh, and no serial number on this one. Transitional?

yKwINqr.jpg
At the end of the Walden era, 1971-72ish. Yes, a really stout blade. I've never seen one broken in use.

As I believe (so far): The first of them had a tang stamp and serial number on the 'left' side. A small number then had tang stamp and serial number on the 'right' side. A VERY SMALL NUMBER!!! Then they quit serializing them and the tang stamp continued on the 'right' side. The next step was to eliminate the word "WALDEN" in the stamp (about 1973). Finally, at the very end of the company's tenure, there may have been some with stainless blades (I am talking about the Old Timers only, not the Uncle Henrys, which had a different timeline profile and protcols). And then there were SFOs and limited editions with their own sets of rules.

Last edited:
Two more Schrades that I've long been hunting for, found two days in a row. Oddly, they ended up being the same price too: $45USD each plus shipping. I think I did pretty well on both counts.

2003 blue bone 5UH "Special Edition" and 1984 SC507 "National Sales Meeting".

EBlLr8C.jpg

Qdjb4WP.jpg

TqbKTGn.jpg

2xPD8y3.jpg

N4Jcucb.jpg

Pb7W8T5.jpg

J6E2j7u.jpg

Just picked up this Ducks Unlimited Greenwing 36OT. Other than some tarnish, which should clean up somewhat, its in good shape. The blades/punch are all tight with decent snap. The sheepsfoot is krinked a little too much. Don't know if it came that way or suffered some abuse at some point.

It came with a belt sheath! I'm not sure why anyone would want to carry such a smallish pocket knife on their belt. Kind of neat though :cool:

GW36OT-1.JPG
GW36OT-4.JPG
GW36OT Sheath.JPG

Back