What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

This ACB72 is one of Schrade's knives, that never made it to production.
The ACB 8 [an 8 OT] was due to be sold in early 2004.
The ACB 72 [a version of the 72 OT] was due for sale in September 2004.
The set of four ACB knives, had "Rope cut bone handles".
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/app.php/gallery/image/7640
This is the only 72OT I have ever seen, with white scales.
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/app.php/gallery/image/5796
Thanks for posting that. I think. Now I want one :p
I think that's the same blue rope bone that Canal Street Co-op used on a few Red Trout knives.

BCB70-BC7-7440-48-AE-9774-C0-DE56110666.jpg

I've always liked those. Particularly the earliest ones with the birds-head pommel. In fact I used to have several. Nice to look at and to hold, but I was never tempted to use one. I suppose it was because I had long before found my favorite duo for outdoors activities, the Woodsman and Sharpfinger. The 171UH just felt wrong in my hand. Who doesn't love some Herman Williams custom work though?

i have several from the bird's head to the later editions. i have a regular user that is great for working out in my wild back yard.

what do you mean by "thick staglon covers"? is there a thickness difference in the covers? i looked at my three and couldn't see a difference, duh, but they don't look thin.

Attachments

• 227 UH 01.PNG
    227 UH 01.PNG
    79.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, Paul, I'm pretty sure the jigging pre-dates the peach seed, but just what dates it covers is elusive. Any ideas on that?

gUtR4ml.jpg

Last edited:
Jeff, very attractive Schrade Barlow! Those handles are great. The earliest Schrade jigging was the pick bone often associated with the arched Schrade tang stamp. Then there were a couple of different styles of jigging post pick bone what I call divot or scooped jigging. Charlie C calls the third type a basketweave style that looks much like the second type but is more irregular or disjointed and less patterned. Some think the second type was executed using the George Schrade famous jigging machine. Peach seed was the last bone jigging pattern that was used circa Schrade Cut and into the Schrade Walden era. My guess would be your Barlow is from around the early 1920s into perhaps the early to 1930s. Just my opinion hope this helps some.

Back