What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Just picked up this Ducks Unlimited Greenwing 36OT. Other than some tarnish, which should clean up somewhat, its in good shape. The blades/punch are all tight with decent snap. The sheepsfoot is krinked a little too much. Don't know if it came that way or suffered some abuse at some point.

It came with a belt sheath! I'm not sure why anyone would want to carry such a smallish pocket knife on their belt. Kind of neat though :cool:

View attachment 1318711
View attachment 1318712
View attachment 1318710
Nice one! Remember that Greenwings was the youth division of Ducks Unlimited. So it makes sense to include a sheath for ease of carry for kids with smaller pockets and a propensity to lose things. Gotta love those green handles and brass furniture.

Nice one! Remember that Greenwings was the youth division of Ducks Unlimited. So it makes sense to include a sheath for ease of carry for kids with smaller pockets and a propensity to lose things. Gotta love those green handles and brass furniture.
I knew that Greenwings were the youth division (ok...I remember now that you reminded me :rolleyes: ). Little people = little pockets = sheath. Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Birds of a feather...
awTFBrK.jpg

I was a Greenwing, but I never had that one. It probably came out after my time. o_O

I don't know too much about the Greenwings. I've been casually looking for a good 36OT. I've been told that the 36OT was only in Schrade's catalog for 3 years -90, 91, and 92. Assuming this is correct, then I'd guess the Greenwing was made in the same time frame. Which is pretty close to circa 1995 Codger.

I have a thread archived here that lists the U.S. Tobacco knives. Or most of them. Search : Copenhagen SKOAL in the title, my name as the poster.

I have a thread archived here that lists the U.S. Tobacco knives. Or most of them. Search : Copenhagen SKOAL in the title, my name as the poster.
I've never paid much attention to the Cope/Skoal knives.
Now I'm down the rabbit hole :eek:
Thanks I think :p
You were absolutely correct about the Skoal version. Its called the SK36 and was made in 1995.

I've never paid much attention to the Cope/Skoal knives.
Now I'm down the rabbit hole :eek:
Thanks I think :p
You were absolutely correct about the Skoal version. Its called the SK36 and was made in 1995.
I don't think I have any of the folders but I do have the green SKOAL 154 and the Copenhagen Pulling Circuit maple handle 152. Pictures are in the Sharpfinger thread.

Back in post #200 I posted some pics of the 36ot Greenwing I picked up. A few minutes with a wad of Nevr-Dull and the brass is cleaning up nicely. I'm hot going to worry about the patina on the blade. Cleaning that up would most likely wipe out the Ducks etching too. Blade patina doesn't bother me. Brass should be shiny :cool:
GW36OTShined-3.JPG
GW36OTShined-1.JPG

Picked up a Ducks Unlimited Uncle Henry 12UH. The blade rode a little proud so I filed the kick to bring it down. The Ducks etching is till intact so it doesn't seem like it was used a whole lot. I compared it with my 72 and 12 and there might be 1 or 2 tenths of a millimeter of steel gone, but it looks pretty full to me. In any event the blade has decent snap and no play and now its not proud, so its all good. I need to clean and lube it. It does have some rust inside.12UH-2.JPG 12UH-3.JPG 12UH-4.JPG 12UH-5.JPG 12UH-6.JPG
12UH-7.JPG 12UH-8.JPG 12UH-9.JPG 12UH-10.JPG 12UH-11.JPG

In the pics of my 36 Greenwing above, some of you might have noticed that the main clip blade sat proud (and were too polite to mention it - thank you :) ). While I had the file out working on the Ducks 12......
Before:
GW36OTShined-3.JPG

After:
GW36OT-filed2.JPG

Back