What's your newest Buck knife

If'n it works, how wrong can it be?
SNqDDdz.jpg
^Good eating there.

Orange day 🍊

I like the 110LT's so an orange one was a no brainer. The 284 is a new one for me. I didn't read the description very well and thought it had a pocket clip. It doesn't and that's fine. Its a very handy size and very light. Makes me wonder why I didn't try one before.
orange284 110LT.JPG

Cool Craig.
Are those recent Custom Shop creations?

I'm sorta curious just how much creativity still exists there.
Thanks.
gary they are not from buck knives factory-my custom creations are now from leroy.... sorry i have no idea what is going on at the factory--i assume nothing like joe houser did---they do what they are told to do off of paper.....not much creativity...

Thanks Craig.
I was hoping.

So I guess the August BOTM will be a knife they sell with a left handed sheath to celebrate National Left Handers Day.
That's creative, in an easy mass produced way. No paint involved either.
....oops, getting late I gotta go to work.

Last edited:
Newest and new to me as of ten minutes ago. I think it's pretty slick.
Xa7YTen.jpg

nUizOwq.jpg

WNjyFdo.jpg

h8IkOlx.jpg

Finally setup for left hand carry. I haven't had a Buck in Micarta since I sold off a few of my 500s over a decade ago. Time will tell, but it's pretty nice out of the box.

I haven't posted in quite a while or even checked up on the forum. Too many distractions. However, I wanted to follow up on a post I made roughly 15 months ago. Like many of you, I have more knives than I would ever need. Many are far more expensive than this one. However, I find that in the past year and a few months, I've carried this 112 slim pro in olive micarta on a daily basis. This knife has been on a handful of trips in over eight states, hunting, fishing and playing. I've cleaned birds and fish and opened boxes and mail. I've made camp meals and lunch with this knife. What really drove my interest in this knife was the S30V steel. It's a personal favorite of mine. Not once have I had to use a stone on it. I've only used a strop and can bring it back to hair popping sharpness with little effort. My initial concerns about the difficulty of opening it are no longer relevant. I use mineral oil to lube the joint and to freshen up the micarta scales. The clip is excellent and the overall fit and snap is like the day it left the factory. I have no complaints about the knife. The scales appear to be more brown than green these days, but as I'm an avid fly fisherman and find myself immersed in water for hours at a time, wet wading in the river, the scales can get a little dried out looking. The mineral oil takes care of that with just a drop on each side. Looking forward to many more years with this knife. The best part about it, is if I lose it, I'll just buy another.

ZcjR8rQ.jpg

I haven't posted in quite a while or even checked up on the forum. Too many distractions. However, I wanted to follow up on a post I made roughly 15 months ago. Like many of you, I have more knives than I would ever need. Many are far more expensive than this one. However, I find that in the past year and a few months, I've carried this 112 slim pro in olive micarta on a daily basis. This knife has been on a handful of trips in over eight states, hunting, fishing and playing. I've cleaned birds and fish and opened boxes and mail. I've made camp meals and lunch with this knife. What really drove my interest in this knife was the S30V steel. It's a personal favorite of mine. Not once have I had to use a stone on it. I've only used a strop and can bring it back to hair popping sharpness with little effort. My initial concerns about the difficulty of opening it are no longer relevant. I use mineral oil to lube the joint and to freshen up the micarta scales. The clip is excellent and the overall fit and snap is like the day it left the factory. I have no complaints about the knife. The scales appear to be more brown than green these days, but as I'm an avid fly fisherman and find myself immersed in water for hours at a time, wet wading in the river, the scales can get a little dried out looking. The mineral oil takes care of that with just a drop on each side. Looking forward to many more years with this knife. The best part about it, is if I lose it, I'll just buy another.

ZcjR8rQ.jpg
The slim pro 110s and 112s are some of the best knives available if you like simple elegance. An old pair of boots that refuse to wear out. Slim profile disappears into the pocket. As much as I like the pocket clip I wish it had a more subdued style that also got better with age.

The 112 on top has been my EDC for the last couple of months. I picked up the Copper and Clad Exclusive in a fundraiser on The Exchange and it will replace the brass model as my EDC. Both are Drop Point blade models.

Many thanks to both the seller and the person who donated the knife to the fundraiser!

IMG_6001.JPG

212 Fixed Ranger "limited Factory run" just arrived.
jEd8E6vl.jpg

Interesting little knife. Missed out on the previous offerings. Decided to go with the D2 version.
F1EYADFl.jpg

Came with a 105 Sheath which is an improvement over the earlier sheath. If I decide to use/carry it I'll probably make another. Seems like it might be a good option as a EDC fixed blade.
1JVMyEMl.jpg

Back