What's your newest Buck knife

I'd be surprised if you don't like it. The lock up on mine is perfect. No blade play. Blade is centered. The action is a bit stiff out of the box, but with use it should improve. Initially, I had reservations on the clip as it appears to take up some real estate. But upon use, I like that it's short and the base is wide as it sits in the pocket nicely. Did I mention that it's light? And slim? I've always thought that the classic 112 is the perfect lockback folder, but it's an anchor compared to this one. ;)

Got mine today. I love this thing. Like you mentioned - centered blade, no play, nice snappy action. I think i may take the clip off but my precision torx set is at work so I'm going to carry it with the clip for the next week at least. It is light as a feather. In a pinch I could probably use the thumb stud to open one handed but I wouldn't miss them either as they're located so close to the pivot that it seems unnatural to use. All in all I'm pleased with it.
QjLZAKf.jpg

Last edited:
I've been bottom fishing for a 501..Old English script and micarta was the catch. The 709 is a loss..it looked better in the pics and the 484 will NOT give up its blade for a 112. I need a 482 for that. It will go right in my pocket because it feels good in hand. I was really surprised how nice it is! Better actually than the 501.20200424_182858.jpg

Got mine today. I love this thing. Like you mentioned - centered blade, no play, nice snappy action. I think i may take the clip off but my precision torx set is at work so I'm going to carry it with the clip for the next week at least. It is light as a feather. In a pinch I could probably use the thumb stud to open one handed but I wouldn't miss them either as they're located so close to the pivot that it seems unnatural to use. All in all I'm pleased with it.

AnW, I picked up one the less pricy 112 slims and thought I would cut the crap out of myself using the thumb stud. I've never had a knife with a thumb stud. I put just a little dab of oil on the action, and worked it back and forth a bunch until it got pretty smooth, then slowly practiced. I use the tip of the thumb on the outside corner just under of the nail. It didn't take long, now it is very natural and very fast, even without looking. And I didn't lose any of my O- red juice.

QjLZAKf.jpg

I think the thumb stud is fine imo on the 112. Its not as common feeling as on say a spyderco or something. Maybe it will feel better after using it for a few days?

I agree though, its a very well executed folder, and I love mine.

AnW, I picked up one the less pricy 112 slims and thought I would cut the crap out of myself using the thumb stud. I've never had a knife with a thumb stud. I put just a little dab of oil on the action, and worked it back and forth a bunch until it got pretty smooth, then slowly practiced. I use the tip of the thumb on the outside corner just under of the nail. It didn't take long, now it is very natural and very fast, even without looking. And I didn't lose any of my O- red juice.

I think the thumb stud is fine imo on the 112. Its not as common feeling as on say a spyderco or something. Maybe it will feel better after using it for a few days?

I agree though, its a very well executed folder, and I love mine.

You guys are probably right about the thumb stud. I'll oil it today and I'm sure I'll play with it all weekend so it will probably become second nature. I wasn't sure how much I would like it when I ordered it, but I'm really happy with it.

I've been carrying mine every day, since I've received it. It's becoming more natural to me. It's funny, I used to carry a Sebenza :)( Let's not go there right now) and found that I would take the clip off in the fall and carry it in an open, fitted sheath but put the clip back on in the spring. Not sure why, but I did that for nearly 20 years. When I lost the Sebenza :)oops: I said we're not going there right now), I started carrying my Delica for a 'Clip' knife. I love the Spydie hole and the mid-lock of that knife, the weight and texture of the scales, but never really got used to the blade and ergonomics. I think this 112 will fit the bill for me. I also like the 'deep pocket' carry of the clip.

Back