What's your newest Buck knife

Very cool acquisition.Good-on-ya.

Four [4] handle pins.The rocker rivet is not counted when describing the number of pins.This is a common mistake.

The ability to recognize handle pins and discount the rocker rivet as a "pin",separates the amateurs from the pros.LOL

Newest and new to me as of ten minutes ago. I think it's pretty slick.
Xa7YTen.jpg

nUizOwq.jpg

WNjyFdo.jpg

h8IkOlx.jpg

Finally setup for left hand carry. I haven't had a Buck in Micarta since I sold off a few of my 500s over a decade ago. Time will tell, but it's pretty nice out of the box.

Newest and new to me as of ten minutes ago. I think it's pretty slick.
Xa7YTen.jpg

nUizOwq.jpg

WNjyFdo.jpg

h8IkOlx.jpg

Finally setup for left hand carry. I haven't had a Buck in Micarta since I sold off a few of my 500s over a decade ago. Time will tell, but it's pretty nice out of the box.

You beat me by a day, I should have a brown Micarta in the mailbox tomorrow. Glad yo hear your first impressions are good.

Four [4] handle pins.The rocker rivet is not counted when describing the number of pins.This is a common mistake.

The ability to recognize handle pins and discount the rocker rivet as a "pin",separates the amateurs from the pros.LOL[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my bad
Inlay rivets: 4 (small headed)

Rocker rivet: Stainless, headed.

The ability to recognize handle pins and discount the rocker rivet as a "pin",separates the amateurs from the pros.LOL[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my bad
Inlay rivets: 4 (small headed)

Rocker rivet: Stainless, headed.

I've never seen one with brass on one side and nickel on the other. Is that a one off? Or are there others floating around?

there was a web blast knife done with brass and nickel silver sides and wood scales---but this one with red micarta scales and s30v is a one of a kind...

You beat me by a day, I should have a brown Micarta in the mailbox tomorrow. Glad yo hear your first impressions are good.

I'd be surprised if you don't like it. The lock up on mine is perfect. No blade play. Blade is centered. The action is a bit stiff out of the box, but with use it should improve. Initially, I had reservations on the clip as it appears to take up some real estate. But upon use, I like that it's short and the base is wide as it sits in the pocket nicely. Did I mention that it's light? And slim? I've always thought that the classic 112 is the perfect lockback folder, but it's an anchor compared to this one. ;)

Reactions: AnW
Back