Attention Whelp...if you are using..

a free Photobucket account, i would recommend switching to a different image hosting site. I have 5000 pics on there and will have to pay them $399.99 a year to have access to 3rd party linking. They are changing things up. Ive been using the same account since I joined Bladeforums.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

test...
NQETspU.jpg

Reactions: BP_
imgur seems easy enough
it takes a but of fiddling around for a few moments, once you get the pic uploaded>>>put the cursor on the pic & "click" the "V" arrow on the right side of the image>>>>"get share links">>>>click "BBCode (Forums)" and paste into the post

I'm going to have to give imgur a try since I'm having the same issue with photobucket.

I use Imgur. It's great. The app is pretty good as well. Takes a little bit to get used to, but I like that you can size the photo just by adding a letter to the URL.

I too had been using photobucket for years. I won't pay $400 a year either. I'll give Imgur a try. Thanks

Odaon Odaon
how do you upload from your phone gallery to the albums you have set up from the app?

thanks!

I thought all the big ransomware extortion schemes originated in Russia or North Korea. I guess I was wrong...:mad:

As the old saying goes " At least Jessie James wore guns". Lets hope it back fires on them big time !

Folks,

What I can't get over is $400.00 yr. For picture hosting site? Wow they missed on this one, that's nuts. I could rent a small storage container around here for that money:D

I also am a fan of imgur. Last I looked, their premium usage fee wasn't bad either when I was using it for photo hosting on a website I had for a few years. I think it had a 200 image limit that could be viewed for a while when they were new but I think it's been increased. I think they've changed their setup a little bit to move to a more social media-like business model to make the income up.

I just messaged them saying if my free account was going to not allow me to post to forums anymore i wanted to know so i could switch to imgur. I'm looking forward to their response.

I would bet that imgur is gonna benefit from this ten fold. This will be photobuckets last straw for me. First ,it was fickle and it had glitches and quirks that made me think about leaving but charging 400 bucks is ridiculous and an insult on top of injury.

I use imgur while on a desktop, but I stopped using it on mobile. I won't download an app for something that is readily available from a website, and I surely won't download the app when you "force" me to. I currently use postimage.org while on mobile.

I have no need for online galleries. The pics are on my phone and backed up on my computer. I upload pictures strictly to post to BF, and my photos are too large to use BF's built in uploader.

I See.... Price of $399 is for the folks who have a lot of pictures.

Yet, I read it as anyone who wants to have "3rd Party Hosting"-- which is all of us who upload images to Photobucket specifically to post them on Bladeforums and elsewhere-- needs that $399 plan.

I like Imgur just fine so far, but almost all of my images are hosted (and organized by album/folder) on Photobucket. I am sickened by what this is going to do to threads I've started and tend, very specifically the WLST® thread in Traditional, but also any thread or even post which will now be worse than gutted.

I don't have the time or heart to replace images.

Photobucket is either going to go down entirely, or relent. I'm going to leave my current links intact for now, in slim hopes of the latter.

~ P.

I think what is really discouraging to existing users is that many have used this service as 3rd party. Now its either jump ship, or pay up. I would be a jumper for sure:p

Thanks for clarifying ~P. TD

It sucks for any past content. I just downloaded my entire album(s) from photobucket.

If this is really how it's going to be, I wonder how long until other image hosts jump on board.

Back