Where did all S35VN CRK knives go?

sharp_edge

Gold Member
I rarely posted on this subforums but just wonder where all S35VN CRK folders have gone to. Browsing the for sale threads I have not seen any folders in this steel for a long time (full disclosure: I am not looking to buy). Do people just pack them up into storage? There must be A LOT of them, right?

I don’t see many listed these days either but the ones that are usually are Inkosi’s. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe they switched to s45 around the time of the 31 release. That said, there are 21’s posted from time to time (in s35) but they usually sell fast assuming they are priced decently.

I have one in s35 and two Inkosi’s in s35 as well as the impinda (only made in s35)

Edit: and a 21 as well.

Last edited:
I'm guessing most of them are keepers like mine. Perhaps with most disco'd knives, you see a lot for a while, but they eventually become a keeper for someone. With MC being all the rage, they don't have much of a resale right now either, especially a PJ.

Ironically, S45vn is currently positioned to become a collector item IMO, with such a short period of time in production.

I don’t see many listed these days either but the ones that are usually are Inkosi’s. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe they switched to s45 around the time of the 31 release. That said, there are 21’s posted from time to time (in s35) but they usually sell fast assuming they are priced decently.
I have a 31 in S35VN so the steel switch must have happened when the 31 was already in production.

Ironically, S45vn is currently positioned to become a collector item IMO, with such a short period of time in production
I've wondered about this, my small 31 is s45vn. I ordered a spare blade back in July. Presuming it'll be magnacut, I've been debating between continuing to use the old blade, or just keep the magnacut one on there after it's all done. Resale value isn't much of a concern for me, but on the off chance it's still around maybe the kids could get more out of it with the less common steel after I check out.

Yep the first 31s were still in the 35
If memory serves, the switch started in late '20. The only reason it sticks out is that's about when I ordered my small, and was concerned about getting an early run with a new HT procedure that might not be dialed in completely.

Edited to change '21 to '20. The knife got here September of 21... My apologies

Last edited:
I have a 31 in S35VN so the steel switch must have happened when the 31 was already in production.
31's in S35vn were a screaming deal compared to today's prices. I have two with full polish and wood inlays that I think would be $200 more now. Still confused why I can't get a polished/satin Insingo someday to drop in there.

I have several in 35, but prefer S30V and Magnacut.

Old photos.

Le03Hdg.jpg

QBDIxyy.jpg

Back