Where the heck are the real word pictures of the new SR1

Blade HQ has it but I just won't pay the crack addict price of $170:eek:!!! Everyone else is between $20 and $30 cheaper so I'll just wait. I'll be okay even if WWIII starts, the 20 or more Spyderco and Cold Steel knives (on top of my old Kershaws and SOGs) I have will just have to do I guess;).

Edit: Oh by the way, screw MAP!!!!!!!!!! I'm not stuck paying $170 no matter what because someone got stupid one night and thought that customers paying even more was a great business plan. "It helps the litte guy", which this little pricing difference proves is so false even Corky would point and laugh! Saying "It's to help the little guys" is like saying "It's for the children", both should come with either an automatic back-hand or punch in the teeth and a hard NO!!!

Last edited:
Blade HQ has it but I just won't pay the crack addict price of $170:eek:!!! Everyone else is between $20 and $30 cheaper so I'll just wait. I'll be okay even if WWIII starts, the 20 or more Spyderco and Cold Steel knives (on top of my old Kershaws and SOGs) I have will just have to do I guess;).

They shouldn't do that. There are so many knife dealers nowadays. I mean of course they can charge any price they want but I also can shop anywhere. In the future if I see two dealers with the same price , you think I will pick bladehq? Bad move because I think it's not a limited item. I'll most likely pickup an sr1 later but I refuse to buy another cold steel until I get a 4 max back from CS warranty. Over 2 months now sigh..

Knives Plus has been around since 1987.

They also consistently advertise in Blade Magazine too.

I have bought from them a few times and am pleased with their quick shipping.

ive bought from them too and ill wait till their sr1 is in stock, I think their price is so much more reasonable ; I waited this long another few weeks isn't going to matter much especially since I thought it wouldn't be out till august....

Got a package from knifecenter today...Oh. My. Gawd. :D This thing is a beast. About the same size as the Recon 1 but substantially thicker, so it feels like a real tank. I took my cheapo digital caliper to the spine of the blade and got the advertised (at least in some places) 4.8mm. The blade also flips open and drops closed just like the Demko video. I think CS may have a runaway success with this one (I'll be shocked if they don't). It's smooth, sharp, solid, attractive, comfortable, and appears pretty much indestructible. :thumbsup:

A couple quick pics:

sr1a_zpsqh5pc003.jpg

sr1b_zps84twjl61.jpg

Legend, thanks for the pics it looks great, just what i suspected. I'm a bit jealous, need to find one of these in stock but not having much luck!

Barring any unforeseen issues that may arise as I use it, this looks like it's going to be one of my favorite folders in years. They really did a great job with this one. I hope you can get your paws on one soon, Mick. :thumbsup:

How's the edge/thickness? Seems like with thick stock and a saber flat grind you'd get a sharpened folding pry bar. Which is great if that's what you like.

Anybody else notice BladeHQ lost their damn minds and are now selling the SR1 for MSRP $265? Someone should go check on those guys, maybe they're being robbed or have been taken hostage and this is their only way of getting a message out? That or a severe drug addiction;)

That strikes me as very opportunistic on the part of bladehq and makes me less likely to shop with them in the future.

How's the edge/thickness? Seems like with thick stock and a saber flat grind you'd get a sharpened folding pry bar. Which is great if that's what you like.

It's definitely in the folding pry bar category. Thickness just above the secondary bevels is .048". The edge bevels themselves are not bad, though. I ran them a few times on the 25* slots on my Lansky Master's Edge and the rods hit near the apex, so the bevels are less than that.

It's definitely in the folding pry bar category. Thickness just above the secondary bevels is .048". The edge bevels themselves are not bad, though. I ran them a few times on the 25* slots on my Lansky Master's Edge and the rods hit near the apex, so the bevels are less than that.

Thanks for the measurements. I think a lot of people will be into this model. For myself, I'm thinking of waiting for the Italian made 4Max.

I'm looking forward to the Italian MAX too. I'm hoping they'll be more readily available than US made ones have been. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back