Which 2015 Cold Steel offerings are on your "to buy" list?

shootist16

knife law moderator
I am so excited about many of the new lineup. Its been quite awhile since a single knife company has put out so many knives that really appeal to me in a given year.

Here is my list of to buy:

Ultimate Hunter
4-max
Tiger Claw, plain edge
Finn Wolf

Probably to buy:
Black Talon II, plain edge

I would be all over the 3V master hunter if it were satin finish instead of dlc

Unfortunately for my wallet, a lot of em!

Hopefully these will start trickling out soon and not take all year, or more, to come out.

For me the Master Hunter in 3V is a must have, followed by the American Lawman in CTS-XHP.

Definites:
Tiger Claw(possibly 2, one plain 1 serrated)
Black Talon 2(again, possibly 2)
Viking Hand Axe
Finn Wolf
Shanghai Warrior

Highly likely:
Lucky
Voyager XL Clip Point and Tanto full serrated
Urban Edge serrated

Possibly:
Swift 2(all black)
Chaos Kukri
Tactical Katana Machete
Chinese War Sword Machete
Latin Machete Plus 24''
Leatherneck(not sure which, maybe both)
Gladius Thrower
Recon 1 Clip Point
Talwar serrated
BD-1 Spartan
BD-1 Rajah 2(this one and the Spartan I have the bead blast AUS-8, I was tempted to upgrade to the stonewash version, now with the stonewash AND new steel, I'm more likely to go for it)

Doubtful but maybe(depends on funds and such):
Tiger Fork
Crab Claw Dagger
War Hawk
Hold Out 1(plain edge)
Ti-Lite 6''
Counter Tac 1

There is alot I plan on getting.

Ones can think of at the moment.

Lucky,
Holdout 1 & 2 XHP(probably multiples)
Leatherneck SF in D2
Recon 1 XHP
TACTICAL KATANA MACHETE maybe
Talwar XHP 4"

Will Get: Lucky, Master Hunter 3V
Will Probably Get: Tiger Claw, Swift
Will Go Back and Forth Over as It Costs so Damn Much but Might Sell a Kidney and Buy: 4-Max

For me,
-Finn Wolf
-Lawman XHP
-Espada large XHP (got AUS8A ver, but there is always room for another Espada...)
-Nightfall Tai Pan (got the San Mai ver, but...)
-Leatherneck SF D2
-4-Max (maybe, the MSRP is a bit... even for a 20CV blade)

The Finn Wolf is on my list!

I'm not convinced of the "need" for XHP, so I'm undecided on "upgrading" to an XHP Recon 1.

XHP Lawman & AK-47, full size. If I can get the scratch together, a big ole Espada. :thumbup::thumbup:

Mine would be a Mini Recon 1 if they make it. I RREEEALLLYYY dig that knife. The regular Recon 1 is over the legal limit here.

Definitely the Black Talon, serrated of course.

A plain edge tanto Recon 1. I have the combo edge version, and while I like the knife I'm not a big fan of the combo edge.

For the rest I'll wait and see. Unfortunately I'm saving for a campervan so my disposable income will be fairly insubstantial for a while.

Would like to hold the 4-Max and Recon 1 in hand beore deciding to buy. The steel upgrade may push the Cold steel brand into a whole new quality level . I ve always thought the knives were well made and I like the lock up. These could become high value knives with a better steel.

Back