Which 2015 Cold Steel offerings are on your "to buy" list?

I can't afford all the ones I'd like, so here's my would-like-to-buy list :D :

Finn Wolf
Drop Forged Hunter
Tiger Claw (pe)
Swift I
4-Max
Ultimate Hunter
Black Talon II (pe)
Shanghai Warrior
Chinese Machete

The Finn Wolf, and the Chinese War Machete (waiting for the proof video on that bad boy!)

I am considering the following:

The 4-inch Voyager Clip-Point in Carpenter CTS-BD1. I have the previous version and it is one of my favorite knives. I am considering a serrated version too.

The 4-inch Hold Out in Carpenter CTS-XHP. Again, the previous version is a favorite.

The Ultimate Hunter. It looks like it will be an EDC that will suit a lot of knife fans everywhere.

The Mark I Battle Shades.

Maybe the Swift I. I am quite surprised that they have decided to bring out an assisted-opener.

The Ak-47 Field Knife.

Maybe the Steven Seagal-designed Ten Shin walking stick.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna go for the Swift I and maybe a Espada Medium. Lucky too if I have the money. I'm actually not sure if I want the Swift or the Espada more. The swift looks like a very sleek and sexy knife and the assisted opening is intriguing but I'd prefer a clip point. On the other hand the Espada is just plain sexy and has that nice pointy clip point. We'll see which one I get first.

I am definitely getting the Recon 1 Tanto plain edge in XHP. I'm really pleased with the current Recon 1 design, but a bit disappointed with the current coating on the Recon 1 knives. I'm hoping the DLC is as good as it is purported to be!

Definitely getting:
Hold Out 1 in XHP

Probably getting:
Large Espada in XHP
Steel Tiger in VG1

Would like to get:
Magnum Tanto 3V
Black Talon
Tiger Claw
Counter Tac 1 in VG1
Counter Point XL
And maybe some sunglasses
(Cold Steel really mopped the floor with the competition this year.)

It's actually the Ten Shin walking stick for me. I want to give it to my father; functional cool.

BTW, Ten Shin was the school Steven Seagal taught aikido in.

Now that Shot Show has ended, the dust has settled, and most(Ka-bar is still keeping quiet) of the big knife companies have announced their new lineup, Cold Steel definitely looks like the company that will be getting most of my money this year.

Kershaw has 5 definites(blue Blur, teal Shuffle, CQC-4kXL, RJ Tactical, Link) and 4 maybes(Tanto Link, Shield, Launch 2, Camp 12). Condor and Ontario barely seems to be putting anything new out this year, though I'll be getting 3 of the new Condor offerings(the 2 Duku Parangs and the Primitive Bushcraft), and not sure about any of the Ontarios. Only 1 Spyderco for me(the Reverse). Cold Steel OTOH has about 15 things that are either definite or highly likely buys, and another 10 or so that I'd like but may have to hold off on(like the new Hold Out 1, I want it, but Knifecenter has the street price as around $150 and I just don't see myself going for that this year) at least for now. That's more definites from Cold Steel than the definites and maybes from Kershaw, Spyderco, and Condor combined! I like those 3 companies too, and own a lot of their stuff, but this year it seems, is the year of Cold Steel.

So many great new offerings :D

a clip point code 4
a leatherneck bowie
a swift 1
a tactical katana machete
a chinese war machete

it's great that cold steel get to use CTS-XHP! hope their heat treat is gonna be as good on it as it is with their other steels! Cold steel is blowing away the competition this year!!! :thumbup:

Black Talon II Serrated.

22BTS_m.jpg

Wish it came out before I bought my Spyderco Civilian as I don't like the grip on the Civi and the way it feels in my hand.

CS knives have great ergonomics. The Large 4" Voyager Vaquero fits my hand like it was made for it.

I have two, one serrated and one plain edge and will probably buy a few more as they are inexpensive but no longer produced by CS

But the Black Talon II is my top priority as far as my next knife purchase.

Specifications:
Weight: 4.8 oz.
Blade Thickness: 3.5mm
Blade Length: 4"
Handle: 5 1/2" Long G-10
Overall: 9 1/2"
Steel: Carpenter CTS® XHP Alloy
Pocket Clip: Ambidextrous Pocket / Belt Clip

Too much new stuff and not enough cash but I'm going to try.

Finn Wolf
Chaos Kukri
Tac Katana Machete and the Chinese War Machete
Tiger Claw (maybe)
Black Talon (maybe)
D2 Leatherneck
Shanghai Warrior
Viking Hand axe
War Hawk
Gladius Throwers

Man, I haven't spent money on a Cold Steel knife since 2008 when I decided to pick up a Mini-Pal. I also have an even older Kobun Tanto. It's been a long time. I just got burnt out on the AUS-8 and I felt like CS was just too stagnant in their evolution of materials. Now that they're adding CTS-XHP steel to some of their classic designs, I WILL be buying one of their flagship models in the steel during this year. Period. I will have another Cold Steel blade this year, most likely a Recon 1 or a Lawman.

I'll probably get a Recon 1 with a plain-edge clip blade in XHP and possibly the upgraded American Lawman as well.

I'm also going to watch for good sales on the AUS-8A folders. I don't mind AUS-8A when the price is right.

I'm definitely going to get the master hunter in 3V

I still have one in carbon V, I assume the 3V version looks the same
(full flat grind, distal taper, full tang,...)

Any indication when to expect them?

Back