Which Becker for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Just when you thought there couldn't be a new variation on the "which Becker" threads lol.

I wrote a post today over at TTAK: Which Knife for the Zombie Apocalypse? http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2015/11/question-of-the-day-what-knife-for-the-zombie-apocalypse/

Of course we all know the real question, is "Which Becker?!"

becker-bk7-reverse-side.jpg

BK7 would be my choice. I have no knife fighting training (or any fight training for that matter) but I feel like I could easily control the 7. BK9 is still my favorite, but I don't feel like I could defend myself as effectively with it. Plus the 7 can still baton, slice, and whittle well enough to get you through the dark times.

Y'all?

I would have to go with the bk2. Nothing against any other becker. The two is just a beast. It wont break off in a zombies head like rick grime's knife did a few weeks back on the walking dead. It may be a little short but its so robust i feel it could do well. I think a blade too long could be difficult to use if you get bum rushed or in tight quaters. A 5-7" blade would be best all around imo. If i had to have a long blade like the 21 i would need to have a shorty too. So if i could only have one i think the bk2 would be good all around.

Which Becker?

1 - Ethan with a 12ga.

2 - BK9 lashed to a 8' staff.

3 - BK21

4 - dual BK5s

Ah, the old Becker for the zombie apocalypse thread, was wondering when we would come back to this.

Changing my answer slightly from previous times.

If I am in a city, BK3. If I am where I am now or someplace near the woods, BK9 (previously would have been BK2 but I am loving this BK9 these days).

Can't really answer, for lack of specificity in the OP's question. Are these slow, stumbling zombies like TWD? Or are these fast moving intelligent and hyper aggressive zombies like in I Am Legend or World War Z?

If they are the stumblers, I'll go with BK9. Good for standard survival/bushcraft type stuff, but big enough to fight if I can't avoid them.
If IAL/WWZ type zombies, I'll go with BK16. With zombies that fast and aggressive there's no fight to be had. Best thing you can do is avoid them. BK16 is small land light enough to be unobtrusive, and still work well for small scale survival in a remote area somewhere we can hopefully avoid them.

Of course these are serious matters that must be thoroughly discussed. :)

Zombie eliminator blade choice, 2 Hands so 2 Blades

Brute in left hand so wedge could do damage to Frontal lobe, only functioning of zombie brain
Reinhart Kukri in right hand for severing head in case the Brute did not penetrate skull

KEEP EM SHARP

BK5! Light, nimble, Very fast in hand, allows reach, and can still take a beating!
Did I mention light? You won't notice it on your pack, drop leg or belt.

I'll take my 21 and another large Becker. Would give my girlfriend the 7 and the choice between 4 and 9. Depending on her choice I'd take the one left.

Dual weilding ftw!

Why only one? I'd strap and carry all I could and shed them off as needed to my group...
But...I'd hang onto at least one of each of 7,5,15,16,9, and 21.
One could get stuck in a skull and you'd have to let it go on the run...

Back