Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

IMG_9971.jpg

[QUOTE="godzilla78, post: 18683955, member: 371521"
[/QUOTE]

Got a new one done in old stock Latrobe BG-42 stainless! One only!

Full size Crocked River for me today. Bought here on the exchange! Cool knife. The broccoli I had for lunch stood no chance! Will see if the apple and orange at mid-afternoon can do better....

Rp0n3WM.jpg

Just swapped out my s90v blade with my og 940. I much prefer the aluminum handles over the carbon fiber ones. And in my opinion the stonewashed blade compliments the matte finish on the relatively dark green scales better then a shiny s30v blade. Also the action on the og green 940 was of such a high level, something I couldn't even achieve after thorough cleaning, polishing washers etc on the 940-1.

Now it's free dropping with zero play and dead centered. Gonna work on the edge tomorrow but I'm very happy about it now

aynfrX2.jpg

lNag6UU.jpg

Little update on my blade swap to s90v
It's absolutely amazing now. I always felt that the cf was too light, not grippy enough and it just didn't feel as solid as I would like a top of the line 940 to feel.
I'm very very happy with how it looks now. The matte green and stonewashed s90v go so well together!
Also, I love the wear that shows on well used 940s but the cf doesn't show it at all.
My green 940 rarely saw use as it was bought after the -1. You can tell by the scales looking almost brand new :(
Just put a new edge on it too (just below a mirror edge to get that aggressive s90v showing properly) hence the remaining sharpie here and there.

Should have done this way sooner. It feels so solid, has a s90v blade that puts it feeling on par with superb performance.
It's like falling in love with your favorite tool all over again haha

Now I hope this isn't considered offensive, but I gave my sage 5 (another favorite due to its thin grind behind the edge) a spa day on the workbench and now it's action is perfect, free dropping and no play like a compression lock should act.
These 2 gems are going to be my daily carry for a long time!
BHUMEOQ.jpg

Back