Which knife industry person/people would you like to have a beer with?

el gigantor

Gold Member
Just for fun. Who from the knife industry would you like to have a beer with and pick their brain? It can be a maker, designer, retailer, or even YouTube reviewer.

For me I'd choose Sal Glesser from Spyderco. I'd like to hear stories behind the early days of his company, and the ideas that led to his most popular designs.

I'd also select David C. Anderson from the Knifecenter because he just seems like a nice guy (based on his YouTube videos) and I want to know what he carries.

Bob Terzuola is a really nice guy. I visited his shop one day with my Nephew. It turns out he lives a few blocks from my Sister-in-law. I have talked to Sal Glesser at a knife show and he is very interesting as well. Either one of them would be very cool to talk to over a brew.

Last edited:
Surfingringo aka Lance Clinton

It would be amazing to sit down and talk knives and fishing, maybe even get out on the water with him.

It would be fun to meet with anyone mentioned so far.
But for me, I would absolutely love to have a cup of coffee with Lori Buck and listen to Buck history from her angle.
I'll bet there are a lot of fun stories.

Sal Glesser would be one. Also from Spyderco Kristi would be another. She has taken care of us on the forum for a long time and has always done it with grace and class. Eric Glesser would likely be my 3rd choice. He is a very knowledgeable guy and like Sal he seems pretty down to earth.

Sal for sure and if I was a betting man I'd say he'll win this thread by a landslide, haha.

Not Sal Glesser :D

I’d rather have a beer with someone who’s personally made me a knife so I’ll go with Bret Dowell. I have others from him but this one has dominated my pocket for almost 3 years now (old pic).

Q9cQYP9.jpg

Sal and Eric. Just hearing Sal's stories in and out of the knife world you know would be amazing and I have a hunch that Eric would be a kick after a couple pints.

Phil Wilson. Cuz Phil Wilson.

@Horsewright . Stories, skill, leather, knives, and cowgirls. It would all just be awesome.

@DeadboxHero . A crazy mind that I really enjoy. Deep thinker yet so approachable. Amazing sharpening and maker skills. And ya just know the general pondering and smack talk would be fantastic.

Ethan Becker is a gentleman of the first order and passionate about knives.
Sal Glesser has his heart int his industry.
So many of the other names are also likely candidates who I don't know much about, but would like to get to know better.
The knife industry does have some very good folks.

Back