Which knife industry person/people would you like to have a beer with?

Nathan and Jo Carothers and Lorien

John Conner at Redmeadow

Scott Hanson

Mecha/Sammy

And what the hell...Lynn Thompson:D

Didn't list Colin Shannon, as I already had a couple drinks with him when he was still in MA.:cool:

Last edited:
-Dan keffler. (Spoke to once at blade show)

-Brad Stallsmith from PHT. (Spoken to a few times and twice at blade)

@DeadboxHero , because having a beer with him and benchracing about steel and knives would be great. I've actually spoken to him on the phone a few times.

@Mecha because I only met him at blade 2018 a handful of times. Definitely would love to have more large blade and TI blade conversations with him.

I have had the privilege of sharing a drink with many knifemakers over the years at BLADE, both in the Pit and at the Cobb restaurants. Last BLADE was pretty darn funny as a group of us were sitting at the restaurant outside Cobb, Jason Knight was sitting at a nearby table directly in my line of sight/fire. Keep in mind I hadn’t seen Jason in several years and wasn’t sure if he would even remember lil’ ol me. Started launching French fries at him until he turned around and saw me. Later that night, was in the Pit sitting with a few knife nuts, Uncle Bill (Harsey) comes over with a bottle of Michter’s. Libations were poured and friendships renewed! It was a good night.

Of all the knifemakers I would have liked to have had a drink with, Rob Simonich tops the list. Met him once, a true gentleman cowboy. Unfortunately the world lost him on Thanksgiving 2003…much too soon.

Hinderer
Emerson
Thompson
Voxnæs

Not because I necessarily love their knives, but because I think I could get along with them.

The Glessers would be very interesting, as well as Reeve and... All the others mentioned already.

Dave Ferry because I always wanted to be a cowboy, Lynn Thompson because he likes firearms and knives, Chip Valtakis because he seems like a cool guy.

Last edited:
Sal and Eric Glesser, their depth of knowledge of the industry as a whole would make a conversation a full education.

Lynn Thompson. Come on you'd get to tear some shit up with crazy uncle Lynn it would be epic.

Ethan Becker, I like his designs and have always like watching interviews with him.

Ken Onion, I have a feeling he would be like a younger version of LT, just slightly mellower.

Chad Los Banos, I feel like I know him already from his early years on forums. He has some cool designs and always struck me as a working man who happens to designs knives too.

Jimmy Lile, always liked his knives. spoke to someone at his shop years ago about getting a Death wind model made but I didnt follow through. Its a grail I'll have to chase on the secondary market now.

Last edited:
Back