Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Bradley Bowie on log duty.
kPIzafv.jpg

After carrying a couple of vintage Kershaws for the past few days, I decided to "upgrade" and carry a Vallaton Sub-hilt today.

I really like the design/style of this knife and also like the shape/heft of the handle and knife in general. Its a little bulky/long in the pocket but feels well balanced and very natural in my hand.

The straight blade/handle design is similar to what you'd find on a Gayle Bradley or Bob Terzoula knife, which I like. The blade stops also function like thumbstuds and I find it easier to use the stop than the SpydieHole to open the blade. Also, as is common w/Taichung made Spydies, you can gravity open the knife by wrist flicking it in a downward (but not sideways) motion, which is also something I like even though it is simpler to just open the blade w/the bladestop or Spydiehole combined w/a light wristflick instead.

It's probably a bit too large to be considered a "gentleman's folder" but it's certainly in that class in terms of it's appearance. I read of one member's complaints about the balance/weight of Lil Sub-hilt and I can see where its small size could be a problem but I have absolutely no such complaints about the full sized model.

Just wish I could legally carry the D/A version that I also own, not that anyone would know that it's an auto unless they already knew or if I told/showed them that it was. ;)

Spyderco-Vallotton-Sub-Hilt-C149GP-G-10-Folding-Pocket-Knife-_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back