Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Been too preoccupied w/Game of Thrones to post anything recently but now that THAT is over, here's a photo of a MT23 20CV that I bought recently off of the Exchange and a Manix that I was carrying w/it at the same time. The MT23 and Manix (when open) are almost exactly the same size. I've since put the MT away but am still carrying the Manix today.

YFy84KHl.jpg

The MT temporarily replaced the much smaller/lighter fixed blade Bastinelli/Marcaida Pika karabit that I normally carry w/my folder of the day. Interestingly, the MT23 did not feel too large and remained close to my body and was well hidden near the small of my back where I normally wear the Pika. So, it would not be a problem carrying the MT as an EDC but, if I did, there really would be no need to carry a folder IMO, unless it was much larger or smaller than the MT.

I received a brown Spyderco leather sheath w/the MT23 but was able to buy a Spyderco Bolatron sheath for it and then pair the leather sheath w/an MT25 LC200N w/earth brown Halpern scales that I also recently purchased. Although I could use either MT w/either sheath, for me, the MT25 w/the LC200N blade and the leather sheath would be a better hiking/camping option and the MT23 w/the Bolatron sheath would be better as an EDC option.

Switched to a standard black G10 Military from the Manix; the newer big lanyard hole version. It certainly is a pocketful; forgot how big it was. Mine also opens w/an authoritative click that would certainly attract attention if I opened it THAT way in public. LOL!

97641.970.jpg

This is one out of 5 that I own and the only one that I'd carry. The other 4 are a pair w/black DLC blades (plain and combo) and a pair w/titanium scales (plain and fluted), which I thought were the most interesting Military versions to collect. All in S30V. I have no interest in collecting any others.

Back