Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

^not the sebbies i have. ;) they are anything but boring. Another thread tho...not here. :) 5-by-5 5-by-5

I have always like the look of the Junior. It looks kind of like a more hand filling predecessor of the Sliverax. I know I wouldn't own it for more than a day before regrinding the spine straight, belly more gradual and the geometry much thinner. If it had any lower a tip, though, I would be very tempted to make it a wharncliffe instead. The only other thing I can see myself wishing for is a deep carry wire clip instead of the factory one.

Last edited:
Cam is back home

wzJhpG2l.jpg

Oh hey, I've been wondering, how is the handle on the Endela? I found the Endura and Delica handle point closest to the blade to be a bit uncomfortable, but even rounding it off seems to be not enough, so I ground it off completely and made one continuous curve from the front of the handle to the second handle point. I can only guess I'd feel that way with the Endela too. I am really realizing lately I don't like a point, hump, or bump pushing into my middle finger. Does anyone actually look for this in a knife handle? I know lots of people are totally cool with the stock Seki FRNs, someone help me understand?

Oh hey, I've been wondering, how is the handle on the Endela? I found the Endura and Delica handle point closest to the blade to be a bit uncomfortable, but even rounding it off seems to be not enough, so I ground it off completely and made one continuous curve from the front of the handle to the second handle point. I can only guess I'd feel that way with the Endela too. I am really realizing lately I don't like a point, hump, or bump pushing into my middle finger. Does anyone actually look for this in a knife handle? I know lots of people are totally cool with the stock Seki FRNs, someone help me understand?
It doesn’t really bother me, but neither does the Delica’s. I don’t have large hands so that could be the differentiating factor. Can’t speak for the Endura as I’ve only held one and didn’t really use it.

Watched the Golden expansion ribbon cut last night. Looked like Sal used a Fluted Ti Military. So it jumped in my pocket today.

Ne7ZmEv.jpg

Very cool. Love that hybrid. I have a similar looking knife, but with a Cruwear blade. Always amazed that the original S90V Military that you took that blade from is still available on BBS. One of the best if you ask me.

Very cool. Love that hybrid. I have a similar looking knife, but with a Cruwear blade. Always amazed that the original S90V Military that you took that blade from is still available on BBS. One of the best if you ask me.

I have a Cruwear fluted ti too. It has a bad gold anno. Don't care cuz Cruwear. :cool:

I see you are a knifemaker, I think this explains it best. Kinda like a car guy looks to make changes to suit his taste and fulfill a need, while most OP just drive it with out thinking of the possible changes. You might get more responses if you made a separate thread for this question.

It was a spur of the moment post when I saw the Endela. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back