Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

You could say that.
The giant raccoon farm in the sky.
Got it...:(. Located in an area with only few racoons, we like them...;)
lY9tpKZ.jpg

B beattheheat and matfox matfox Thanks fellas. Here is a little info from the Spydiewiki page.
Terzuola has the distinction of being the first custom knifemaker to collaborate with a major knife company.
With his help, Spyderco pioneered the concept of custom knifemaker collaboration and literally changed the face of modern knife
manufacturing. In 1999, Spyderco released the C55 Starmate. Based on Terzuola’s most popular custom designs, the Century Starfighter and the ATCF. This is the vg10 version released in 2012.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Spyderco thread as I just received my first Spyderco knife, the Para 3 in Maxamet.

6kc2tjM.jpg

The knife felt strange at first but as the days pass the knife feels better and better and less strange. I also may be in love with Maxamet.

A question for the more seasoned individuals. What type of edge does maxamet prefer? Polished, toothy? How does it respond to stropping? I have a 4 micron, 1,. 5 and. 1 strop compound. Would any of those be good for helping or refining the factory edge? The factory edge is honestly pretty impressive and I probably won't have to touch it up for a long time but just trying to figure it out.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Spyderco thread as I just received my first Spyderco knife, the Para 3 in Maxamet.

6kc2tjM.jpg

The knife felt strange at first but as the days pass the knife feels better and better and less strange. I also may be in love with Maxamet.

A question for the more seasoned individuals. What type of edge does maxamet prefer? Polished, toothy? How does it respond to stropping? I have a 4 micron, 1,. 5 and. 1 strop compound. Would any of those be good for helping or refining the factory edge? The factory edge is honestly pretty impressive and I probably won't have to touch it up for a long time but just trying to figure it out.
Is that a poster, nice Mustangs, oh nice knife too.

Hello everyone,

6kc2tjM.jpg

Welcome and nice knife! I like mine a lot too.
Sharpness holds a long time, stropping with bark river's black compound was all I did so far for a good edge retention.

Back