Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Nice Combo...I have the Ladybug instead of the Manbug to go with my SB Stretch. Today I'm carrying the Valotton I bought this morning (And trying to decide which keychain to put my new White SE Ladybug on...probably my '64 Impala because it will go with the white interior, and my Canyon keychain has either my G10 Jester or SB Ladybug. This Vallotton literally screams quality.

Thanks dudes!
That Vallaton Sub-Hilt is so cool looking. I was so tempted to spring for the Dual-Action custom I saw on BHQ.

IMG_20140515_171901295_zpsqiovltsg.jpg

Battlestation yesterday (13 minutes past midnight here currently), and when I get a new Spyderco I carry it for a few days and then go back to rotating between my Spydercos, so when I wake up later this morning I'll be going back to standard rotation. Caly 3.5 (ZDP-189/420J2) for sure since I haven't carried it for a while, and I'll probably carry my FRN Native too since it's been a few weeks since I've carried it. I've shared the back story of my FRN Native on the Spyderco forum, but I'm not sure if I ever have here so I'll do it briefly. A FRN Native was my first Spyderco and I purchased it about 12 years ago when I was about 14 years old...a few years later I ended up losing it in a field on a job site while manning the tag line when we were lifting an antenna onto a tower...I never did find it in that field, and bought an identical replacement before the end of the week. I've had this Native about 10 years now, and I had an incident (I was 18 or 19) when I was climbing a tower, and while squeezing through a torsion resistor on a tower that had a narrow face width, the clip caught on one of the pieces of angle iron comprising the torsion resistor. The knife fell (Closed) ~275 feet and landed on gravel. It opened halfway on impact, but there was no real damage to the edge fortunately due to the way it landed, and if I gave you the knife and asked you to find the mark the gravel made on the handle, you likely wouldn't find it...I know where to look, but the mark is almost indiscernible if you don't know beforehand where it is. I have lots of other Spydercos now, but I still carry my FRN Native from time to time. I'll include a picture from about 275 feet for perspective and a picture of said Native, though I only have a crappy cell phone picture of it (I really need to get a good picture of it sometime).

Yesterday my Southard with Sheppard Carbon fiber scale. Today my M-4 Millie. The Southard goes better with shorts. In pants, it's usually a Millie Sprint run. :)

...A FRN Native was my first Spyderco and I purchased it about 12 years ago when I was about 14 years old...a few years later I ended up losing it in a field on a job site while manning the tag line when we were lifting an antenna onto a tower...I never did find it in that field, and bought an identical replacement before the end of the week. I've had this Native about 10 years now, and I had an incident (I was 18 or 19) when I was climbing a tower, and while squeezing through a torsion resistor on a tower that had a narrow face width, the clip caught on one of the pieces of angle iron comprising the torsion resistor. The knife fell (Closed) ~275 feet and landed on gravel. It opened halfway on impact, but there was no real damage to the edge fortunately due to the way it landed, and if I gave you the knife and asked you to find the mark the gravel made on the handle, you likely wouldn't find it...I know where to look, but the mark is almost indiscernible if you don't know beforehand where it is. I have lots of other Spydercos now, but I still carry my FRN Native from time to time...

:thumbup:

now get off my lawn you damn kid!!! :p

Back