Which would you buy?

Somebody probably mentioned this but just in case they didn't:

The Sebenza will hold its value really well. So buy the Sebbie, carry it for a while. If it doesn't rock your socks, sell it here at a truly minimal loss and buy the other two. :)

I would say Sebenza too but you need to see if it works for you, smalls don't work for me since I can't get my thumb under the thumbstud. FWIW I bought a used one and sold it for the same price as I bought it 2 hours after it arrived so you really can't lose if you buy a used one.

Personally I'd save the 350 and collect more for a Chris Reeve Large Sebenza Insingo.

Small sebenza with an insingo blade for me
IMO it is the best EDC i have
For one year I got a small Inkosi and it bumped most of my other knives out of my pocket
It is not a better EDC than the sebenza insingo but the smaller size works fine at the office

Still watching curious as to what the OP decides on ...

I won't make my final decision until the first of February, but I gotta be honest, I'm now considering the small Inkosi lol. I have medium sized hands and it almost seems like a better fit for me than the small sebenza.

That is very possible ... and you really can't make a bad choice ... they will all be quality amazing knives ...

so go with the model you like best and if by some odd chance it just isn't what you want you can put it up for sale here and not lose much at all ... and get another version ... :thumbsup:

I don't have a Small Inkosi but I do really enjoy my Large Inkosi/Wilson Combat model ... if you lived nearby I'd meet you and let you handle some different models ... but I haven't bought one I haven't liked yet.

Go grail, go Sebenza....make me jealous. Can't bring myself to spend over 200 for a folder. But if I had the peace of mind that all I could spend 350 dollars on is knives. Then why wouldn't you get a Sebenza

I have a post up right now, should I shouln't I, with all the replies you got and the replies I got it's a no brainer, CRK all day I guess

f5ebbEA
I know you're all gonna think I'm crazy... but I went with the 940, and i love it! This thing is sweet. I've been eyeing it for much longer than I've ever considered a CRK. I just can't get myself to spend $375.00 On a knife.... not yet anyway. Maybe in the future. Thanks for all of your advice and opinions though guys, it was still very appreciated!!!

I have multiples of all knives mentioned.....sold off the small Sebbies, bad fit in hand.
Have full size 21 and full size CF 25.....both are perfection!!
Also have the BMs.....for much longer and enjoy them more.
None are for sale.
Get them in hand!!
Joe

In in ~ the same boat and after thinking Sebenza forever, I feel like the inkosi is actually the better choice, and in my own decision, bumped from small to large 100%. The Seb 21 large vs Inkosi large is a whole other can of worms, lol.

I would definitely go sebenza since you mentioned it’s not often you would have $350 to spend.

Easier to flip if you don’t like it and recover most your money...I doubt you’ll have to though. Then you can buy the others one at a time as funds become available

In in ~ the same boat and after thinking Sebenza forever, I feel like the inkosi is actually the better choice, and in my own decision, bumped from small to large 100%. The Seb 21 large vs Inkosi large is a whole other can of worms, lol.
I'm curious, why do you think the Inkosi is the better choice? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was missing the clever pivot of the 21 along with being thicker behind the edge.

Seems to me like it lost most of what makes the 21 great. Though, it is a great knife in itself, it's only the comparison to a 21 where it pales in my mind.

I was considering those 3 knives myself. I chose the 940-1. I just love how light it is and how useful the blade shape is. It is just an incredible knife. As others have said, it is important to try to handle them before you buy.

I'm curious, why do you think the Inkosi is the better choice? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was missing the clever pivot of the 21 along with being thicker behind the edge.

Seems to me like it lost most of what makes the 21 great. Though, it is a great knife in itself, it's only the comparison to a 21 where it pales in my mind.

I was told the pivot of the Inkosi requires less break in, is more smooth, and will require less trips to the spa over time...BUT, it’s my gut that says inkosi. I’d prefer to go 21 if there’s any reason to, as I can find them way more readily on the for sale here than Inkosis, and save some money!

Back