Who’s hooked on traditional lockbacks

Some of my GEC lockbacks, #72s and #99s.

#72 Cody Scout Burnt Stag
81Axh8A.jpg

#72 Mini-Hunter Red Stag
ik0xkG4.jpg

#99 Wall Street American Chestnut
yYEeZtJ.jpg

#99 Wall Street Burnt Orange Spring Field Bone
E8JaqYx.jpg

Oh my goodness black mamba black mamba !!
I gotta get one of those #99 wall street american walnut! That is beautiful!

Oops! black mamba black mamba , wish i could blame autocorrect...but alas. I cant. If you ever feel the need to rid your collection of that beauty...;)

Hooked? This one is :D GEC 83 in Purple Sage Bone a wonderful compact Lockback

I've always liked Lockbacks and think of them as clever and very traditional (over 120 years) I don't go along with the anti lock school of thought, "you don't need any lock if you use a slip joint properly, or a friction folder is just as safe "bla bla. Uh uh. ;) I remember cutting thick plastic on a container in cold weather, tricky as the plastic kept grabbing the blade and no amount of 'proper handling' would've prevented a slip joint from folding on you :eek: And as say, they are a knife that can show off superior workmanship, my Moki knives look almost like a fixed blade so tight are the tolerances. Lockbacks are easy to open in cold and wet and that's not a bad thing at all. Lock On!

BT8cJIc.jpg

Some of my GEC lockbacks, #72s and #99s.

#99 Wall Street Burnt Orange Spring Field Bone
E8JaqYx.jpg
Wow! That is one fine looking knife. The jigging and colors are awesome. I think that's jigging....is there another term based upon the style of work done on the bone?

Randy, the jigging is very similar to Winterbottom bone, but GEC always seems to do things just a little differently.

My newest lockback! Le “Capricorne”
EB998769-EF22-41AE-A4A5-E755730A0756.jpeg
French made custom by Guillaume Ducasse. I am extremely impressed with this lockback.
Its more of a modern with a traditional flair. Its super thin and laser sharp. Fit and finish is exceptional and it runs on Pb washers.
All handmade in France. Im super picky, but this one will be sticking around for the long haul.
Keep ‘em Sharp

Back