Who Does Not Own An M43?

I have a horn handled M43 and I love it. It was my first HI (paired with a Chiruwa AK to do the work). That was back when I thought I'd only buy two or three khuks! LOL! How silly of me.

To further explain, my fellow forumites, mr jim i clifton: aka Duck, tsimi, quackipuss is definitely NOT a SAINT!! He is a CERtiFied NUTCASE!!

HE's goT about a BAZILLION M43's in that guano smeared CAVE of hIS!!

He lurks around the forum asking for NEwbies to SEnd their K's to HIM for RESEARCh!! BEWARE!!!!!!! YOU havE been WARned!!

BWAAAA!!! :D

Yeah, I've been expecting you to show, Semper fi. What'd you think of that guy Stripey, who GOT ONE HIS FIRST TIME OUT?!!

Don't panic. I'm sure in some past life he saved a whole bunch of Widows from foreclosure to get that now....

munk

I have one, in horn. I'd always been a tad leary of them, as I'd heard the handles were a bit on the short side, but when I saw a Sher-made one pop up, I figured it was my best chance. True to form, plenty to hold on to.

Mine does not chop as well as my other heavy-bladed khuks of the same size, but I think that has less to do with the curve, and more to do with the fact that its belly is closer to the center, so it doesn't have so much mass out front. Still makes short work of anything wooden and smaller than 3 inches. I'm sure it'd go through bigger, but why work myself to death when there are AKs waiting in the wings? :)

Definitely would prefer it in a fight, though. Massive but quick razor sharp blade, culminating in a very nice point. I think the UBE and Movie Model are the only khuks more fearsome. :cool:

I gots one of thems...

It's by !

It cuts well but after using the rat tailed tangs for awhile the shock is noticable. Not painful but just different. I'd like to see a 16-16.5 version though. :)

Originally posted by munk
Yeah, I've been expecting you to show, Semper fi. What'd you think of that guy Stripey, who GOT ONE HIS FIRST TIME OUT?!!

Don't panic. I'm sure in some past life he saved a whole bunch of Widows from foreclosure to get that now....
munk

Some guys have ALL the luck.

Hmmm....I wonder what I did in a past life to cause me to go M43-less for two years now?? I don't think I want to know. :eek:

I have one regular M43 by Murali I believe, and a M43-AK hybrid ("M43i") by Sher (which was my favorite khuk until I got the YCSi).
M43i Pic

I think my M-43 is by Bura but I wouldn't swear to it. I haven't ever got up the gumption to give it a decent testing. It's a beautiful knife but I don't like the Chiruwa handles, remember.:rolleyes: :p

I have two also... locked in a huge vault protected by lazer beams and dyslexic rottweilers with a taste for fowl... :rolleyes:

(The Saint is still lurking around, don't want to tempt him.)

Originally posted by raghorn
I have two also... locked in a huge vault protected by lazer beams and dyslexic rottweilers with a taste for fowl... :rolleyes:

(The Saint is still lurking around, don't want to tempt him.)

Raggie, aren't yours made by Durba?;) That'll bring out the duck if anything will!!!!:D :rolleyes: ;)

Malla ~ M43/Hanshee hybrid ???

I have owned and handled a few, but alas, none today.

Oh, and the Duck has been on the forum nearly every day the last week or two...just have to have quick eyes to catch him...;)

:p

Hey, I paid full price for my M43 before I knew about these here UBBBs and whatnot... and I LIKED it! :D
I bought the full tang models before I knew how strong the "stick tang" on the HI is. Now I use stick tang khuks and my chiruwas sit on display, lol!

Munk
No M43's yet, I am saving for a pair of the M43/Hanshee's. These will be my first HI khuks. How do you like yours? Just curious.:D

Back