Who Does Not Own An M43?

Clifton- how many M43's have you got?

Oh, and I heard the one legged dancing girl was expecting. Congratulations.

munk

btt! lol. Realised people might miss this amongst the triple posts!

So here we go again!

Heres my favorites!

http://www.toratoratora.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26&PN=1

All are M43s & varients.{mkII/m43 & shotened etc.}
And Include 2 of the 3 styles of scabbard frogs.

1, A named mkII Army Traders Dheradon, 1942 with the later m43 style handle & matching dated scabbard & frog.
The precurser of the M43.

2,A Quetta Bros. 1944 m43 with 1944 scabbard & rosewood handle.{Atlanta Cutlery}

3, A very very high quality M43 carried by a named member of US military counter inteligence/Airbourne in Europe 1944,45. with steel chape scabbard. {normaly the steel chapes have been removed.}

4, A short fat officers versian carried by a named member of the US airforce in the CBI theatre, For use as a survival knife.{1944/45/46} No sign of it ever having been used or sharpened! {Thankyou Dorothy & Walter!}

I hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Spiral

You should see the one they made for short, fat, homosexual officers.

munk

fatofficers.jpg

If this is the one you're talking about...I love it!

Looks very close to the YCS. Might have to fashion a wood model for this one - has an M43-ish handle. :D

Originally posted by pendentive
Looks very close to the YCS. Might have to fashion a wood model for this one - has an M43-ish handle. :D

May not need a wood model:
Seems like there were some YCS style khuks come through without the fullers but I could be mistaken.
Anyone esle remember seeing them? They were plain and had the standard karda and chakmak.
Seems like there was only one or two of them and were put up on a daily special UBBB?

Nice Spiral , very nice, have one but have given up trying to post pics here, decided to become a gold member so it would be simple, oh no, got me again! cant do that from outside the USA with a credit card.
I guess its just not meant to be:(

wow, Rod that stinks! I had thought of going that route too!
As Ive never managed to post a photo on this system.

Perhaps you could paypall someone in the states & they put it on thier card?

Realy cant belive Europeans & Aussie cant get gold membership,
Are you totaly certain thats right?

wow.

Spiral

Ps Would still like to see your m43.

Originally posted by spiraltwista
wow, Rod that stinks! I had thought of going that route too!
As Ive never managed to post a photo on this system.

Perhaps you could paypall someone in the states & they put it on thier card?

Rod. Oh Rod. :)

Spiral, may have misled you , we can join just that you have to pay with money order or something that is hard from where i am, can only pay by card if you reside in USA.

I'm short and fat, but not an officer. Can I still get one of those? ;)

I dont' have an M43 as yet, but will probably get one eventually. Not sure I'll keep it, depends on how I feel about it, but looks wise, I like them,a nd will give it a chance someday.

Originally posted by Aardvark
And the rattle of M43s is likely to bring him sniffing about on all-fours.

A four footed duck?

Um, just how strong is that beer you've been drinking?????

I KNEW that phrasing was going to get me in trouble.

Maybe 2 ducks who are just good friends?

Remind me to tell you about the time a girl rear ended me so hard it knocked me into the next state.

Of course it's true. Why lie when the truth is enough to strain your credulity?

I am seriously lacking in M-43's. <sigh>

I think a wood-handled M43 is probably my next buy, if I get 'nother HI... or another Khuk at all.

Add one more to the unshaven have nots. I'm in the same boat with 45-70, baby comes first. But that's a good place to be, I like a man of high caliber.

Back