Who still carries a Case Knife?

I did carry and use this a lot since I got it earlier this year, until the other day...took it out, tried opening the Pen blade, something odd, the Sheepfoot flopped out and I saw the backspring weirdly 'bowed' :eek:

NUtPBwX.jpg

At last I've been visited by the Broken Backspring distemper.. and I heard it was just Queen knives that got stricken ;)

I got on the digital communication page and sent the pix and details to CASE USA, very polite and prompt response asking me to pack the knife and send it in. I hope they just replace it as it's not a rare or long owned knife. But now the EU levies 25 % import tax on all incoming non EU parcels regardless of value even gifts AND the shipping cost gets taxed so I hope CASE doesn't use some super costly international courier service....😰

Lucky I've got 'a few other knives' to tide me over, but like I say never had a busted backspring before, hope it's not contagious ......I'm confident CASE will do the right thing, but it could take time obviously.

Xmy5AOj.jpg

Last edited:
Will Power Will Power
I'm sure you'll be taken care of, but you are right about the prospect of waiting...not to mention the EU import tax regardless of the value...that sounds crazy...

Good luck to you and hope you'll at least get the knife back quickly!

Pretty much every day, I carry 2 Case knives, both of which I bought new
within the past 5 years.
One is a jigged bone chestnut Sodbuster Jr. in CV. Sharp like a razor,
with great snap and beautifully made.
Other is the classic Pen knife with "yella" Delrin scales and CV blades.

Both the Soddie and the Pen cut really well, and feel solidly made
and very dependable.

Not shy to say that I'm a fan of Case knives. Have quite a few, most
still in their boxes. But many around to use or to grab as a user
for any particular situation. Only thing is that a few years ago, I
stopped buying Tru-Sharp (except if I really like the knife and it's
not available in CV).

I did carry and use this a lot since I got it earlier this year, until the other day...took it out, tried opening the Pen blade, something odd, the Sheepfoot flopped out and I saw the backspring weirdly 'bowed' :eek:

NUtPBwX.jpg

At last I've been visited by the Broken Backspring distemper.. and I heard it was just Queen knives that got stricken ;)

I got on the digital communication page and sent the pix and details to CASE USA, very polite and prompt response asking me to pack the knife and send it in. I hope they just replace it as it's not a rare or long owned knife. But now the EU levies 25 % import tax on all incoming non EU parcels regardless of value even gifts AND the shipping cost gets taxed so I hope CASE doesn't use some super costly international courier service....😰

Lucky I've got 'a few other knives' to tide me over, but like I say never had a busted backspring before, hope it's not contagious ......I'm confident CASE will do the right thing, but it could take time obviously.

Xmy5AOj.jpg
looks like that "fourth blade" is pretty dull.... needs some sharpening..... :cool:

Back