Who still carries a Case Knife?

You know...I used to think the same thing about amber bone. Then I owned a couple and it grew on me to the point where its one of my favorites now. Go figure View attachment 1626973
Yes.... that's happened to me several times.... I used to prefer spear points, now I prefer clips. I used to not really care for stag, now it is almost an obsession.
I used to like redheads, ..... oh, wait, I still do.... my blonde wife knows that, also. She overlooks my stupidity..... 🤪

Pretty much every day, I carry 2 Case knives, both of which I bought new
within the past 5 years.
One is a jigged bone chestnut Sodbuster Jr. in CV. Sharp like a razor,
with great snap and beautifully made.
Other is the classic Pen knife with "yella" Delrin scales and CV blades.

Both the Soddie and the Pen cut really well, and feel solidly made
and very dependable.

Not shy to say that I'm a fan of Case knives. Have quite a few, most
still in their boxes. But many around to use or to grab as a user
for any particular situation. Only thing is that a few years ago, I
stopped buying Tru-Sharp (except if I really like the knife and it's
not available in CV).
this is my watch pocket knife today.... yellow pen knife....

ZU89Vr.jpg
or stag.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A pen knife in jigged whiskey or chestnut bone.... mmmm good. Amber bone, not so much.
You gents have great taste IMHO. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) I carry a CV chestnut jigged bone Sodbuster Jr every day, and the yellow pen knife is one of my favorite Case patterns (I'll take the pen over a Peanut any day). And while I think the pen knife in yellow synthetic is a classic, I'll support ANY pattern in chestnut jigged bone! :cool:🤓
sbjr.lagoon.jpg
yelpen.mark.main.jpg

- GT

(I'll take the pen over a Peanut any day). And while I think the pen knife in yellow synthetic is a classic, I'll support ANY pattern in chestnut jigged bone! :cool:🤓
Yes! I agree.... the peanut is a nice little knife, but the double ended pen is just that much better. Now, if they would just make one in chestnut......
texas jack 62032 gets my vote, friend
I like the Texas Jack as well, but I go for the big one. I always hear Crocodile Dundee in the background when I pick it up..... :cool:

j6V433.jpg

Only problem is my options are limited to cabelas or bass pro. They don’t have the stockman with punch. Only pen or spey (leaning toward pen). Colors are limited also (Yellow delrin or amber jig bone)
In that case I'd go for the pen also. I find it much more useful, for me, than a spey. Yellow delrin and amber bone are both winners in my book :thumbsup:
I find Case's 18 pattern is a very useful size: big enough to do stuff; small enough to carry easy, even in shorts.

I did carry and use this a lot since I got it earlier this year, until the other day...took it out, tried opening the Pen blade, something odd, the Sheepfoot flopped out and I saw the backspring weirdly 'bowed' :eek:

NUtPBwX.jpg

At last I've been visited by the Broken Backspring distemper.. and I heard it was just Queen knives that got stricken ;)

I got on the digital communication page and sent the pix and details to CASE USA, very polite and prompt response asking me to pack the knife and send it in. I hope they just replace it as it's not a rare or long owned knife. But now the EU levies 25 % import tax on all incoming non EU parcels regardless of value even gifts AND the shipping cost gets taxed so I hope CASE doesn't use some super costly international courier service....😰

Lucky I've got 'a few other knives' to tide me over, but like I say never had a busted backspring before, hope it's not contagious ......I'm confident CASE will do the right thing, but it could take time obviously.

Xmy5AOj.jpg

This one looks similar to your knife. Let me know how I can get it to you and I’ll send it over.

E476-A842-7-DDC-4-BE2-91-D5-A57315-A08940.jpg

Last edited:
Back