Who still carries a Case Knife?

I added them to my rotation after beginning my venture into traditional with GECs. I find the issue I have is that I wish the handle materials were more consistent with the model pictures they use. I know it's subjective and "the luck of the draw" but many are too dang light when I order a new "in production" model. I have recently started looking for older models/runs but have been less tempted to carry these!

This is one of the favourite CASE knives and I was lucky when a renowned Gent and leader of SFOs offered to sell it to me. I've always liked Pruners and Hawkbill types, obviously around the garden they're eminently practical-especially for opening sacks or cutting through twine knots-in addition to cuttings grafting etc. It comes out in the spring and autumn mainly but it's a great pleasure to carry, such is its superb finish. Tony Bose; its instigator, was always interested in Pruner types- they probably offer a great challenge in construction; his take was to give it an almost Scimitar look. One is reminded of well to do horticulturists in England who commissioned a Sheffield cutler to make a personal Pruner to a very high standard finish in astonishing Stag :cool:.

CASE can.

h05yebM.jpg

Penknife, always a decent choice. Just wish they'd do some in bone for a change.
Ok, I'm an idiot. Or old... or an old idiot... whatever..

Turns out, Case DID make these in bone. (here's the idiot part) .... I have one. I found it in my group of knives on top of my dresser, among other smaller knives. The 06244. Mine is in red bone, and is, I believe, a '74 vintage. I held it up next to my yellow one, and thought.... those are the same knife! I goobered the 06244, and there it was.

I'll get pics this evening.

longbow1968 longbow1968 - great R-W-B Krinite handles!

paulhilborn paulhilborn - I remember back in 2000 that Lowe‘s Home Improvement stores had an exclusive line of Case with beautiful blue bone handles. By any chance did you buy that one at Lowes back then? Gorgeous! OH

Back