Who still carries a Case Knife?

. According to Case 2021 Product Guide, the Lightening S was used after the '70s, but the dot markings on his are the 2020 marks.
Another forum member here(can't remember who) informed me that the newest tang stamp uses the lightning s on stainless blades, and a regular s on CV. Can't confirm this because I don't have a current stamp CV, but Corto's pic seems to confirm that..

The Case 2021 Product Guide has a page near the end of the guide with tang stamp info.

https://caseknives.com/blogs/news/case-2021-product-guide
captur39.jpg

Thanks, it must have been on the Case site that I saw the explanation.

Apparently mine is a 2020 production

Another forum member here(can't remember who) informed me that the newest tang stamp uses the lightning s on stainless blades, and a regular s on CV. Can't confirm this because I don't have a current stamp CV, but Corto's pic seems to confirm that..

Thanks for that info - it tracks after checking my Tribals from 2018 - 2019.

429.jpg

I had read a document on Case punch dating but I don't remember where and I confess I have forgotten everything. 🤷‍♂️ :oops:
I bought mine in April 2021

As I've said before here (or on another thread), I really like this knife. It is for me perfect as a pocket knife. Weight/size/pocket space ratio. Ergonomics of the handle, size of the blade. 👌
It is often in my pocket when I need to carry it discreetly in town or in light pants. ;)

I don't know..... your stamp has the "USA" under the Case XX, same as mine.... the 2010 to 2019's don't have the "USA" on them...
according to the chart I look at, that would be the same time frame as mine... '93-'99....... but I am in no way an authority on Case stamps. 🤷‍♂️
Its a 2020. Case doesn't show a "USA" for their 2020-2029 stamp. I think they do Bose designed knives a little different. Here's a 2020 Tribal with its box. Lightning "S" because this one is stainless.
TL2020TangStamp.JPG

Edit: fool around taking a pic and a whole herd of folks answer the question :thumbsup:
Plus I'm slow 🤓

Its a 2020. Case doesn't show a "USA" for their 2020-2029 stamp. I think they do Bose designed knives a little different. Here's a 2020 Tribal with its box. Lightning "S" because this one is stainless.
View attachment 1655640

Edit: fool around taking a pic and a whole herd of folks answer the question :thumbsup:
Plus I'm slow 🤓

After checking, my Tribal Locks have USA, the TB marked Tear Drops do not. My Mini Copperlocks and Trapperlock do have USA. All the other Case knives I have do not have USA.

Kind of curious on what their reasoning is on which tangs get USA stamps.

View attachment 1655640

Plus I'm slow 🤓
Thanks, some useful clarifications anyway. 👌
Interesting discussion.
I too am slow, several new posts while I read or reply! 😂

Yes, I think that has been their practice for quite some time now.... lightning S = SS rounded S = carbon/CV

I did carry and use this a lot since I got it earlier this year, until the other day...took it out, tried opening the Pen blade, something odd, the Sheepfoot flopped out and I saw the backspring weirdly 'bowed' :eek:

NUtPBwX.jpg

At last I've been visited by the Broken Backspring distemper.. and I heard it was just Queen knives that got stricken ;)

I got on the digital communication page and sent the pix and details to CASE USA, very polite and prompt response asking me to pack the knife and send it in. I hope they just replace it as it's not a rare or long owned knife. But now the EU levies 25 % import tax on all incoming non EU parcels regardless of value even gifts AND the shipping cost gets taxed so I hope CASE doesn't use some super costly international courier service....😰

Lucky I've got 'a few other knives' to tide me over, but like I say never had a busted backspring before, hope it's not contagious ......I'm confident CASE will do the right thing, but it could take time obviously.

Xmy5AOj.jpg
It's BACK from the 'menders':D arrived yesterday and they fixed it, new spring and pile scale but the patina blades intact. Great W&T. Really great to have it back, whoever fixed it signed themselves ' Buddha' on the return slip, so it's Enlightened! CASE stood by their product 100% and this was an international fix. Which brings me to the only downside- no no import tax- but American knowledge of geography...o_O The form was filled in online so no difficulty in reading my handwriting...but.. returned to FINLAND E.U. which is correct but it added Finland E.U. UNITED KINGDOM!!! Er... Finland is part of the EU but never part of the UK which is now no longer part of the EU....😵‍💫 So it took a detour for a while!

MlkDya1.jpg

IMHO that looks like a 2018, the other x should be below the model number, just hidden by the bolster due to the angle of the photo. 2019 would be just the x below the product number.
Yes.... I was wrong... I don't think Case started making Tribal Locks until around 2017 or so, so my interpretation of the Case tang stamp chart was incorrect. Apparently, Case is a little random with their addition of "USA" on stamps. Everything else makes it a 2018...

Love this Tribal Lock. If I have my facts correct, it was made in the country of Pennsylvania right here on the continent of the USA. Which, in case you didn’t know, is currently in the Western Hemisphere, but as winter approaches, it will be in the Eastern Hemisphere due to the sun’s rotation around the earth. 😉👍95EF7BAC-CF05-4ED4-A7B3-0B2DC4AABE4C.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back