Win a Knife!! - Do-It-Yourself Bushcraft w/ Sheath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a heel for signing up just for a chance to win this sweet knife so I will add that I have admired the knives you make for a while now Dan , and I'm also a DIY-a-holic , I absolutly love working on knives and have made some of my own that wont stand up to any beauty contests.

Thanks for the chance and I look forward to your emails.

Tostig

edit - Handle ? I have a variety of wood in the shop , my first choice would be my desert ironwood, it's such a pain to work but worth the outcome, I also have some real nice cocobolo that would look great, although if I wanted to keep it lightwieght I could use the redwood burl.

edit 2 :D - That is a fine looking knife blank by the way :)

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Im in and all signed up.
Thanks for the chance.

I think I would try black carbon fiber with
yellow or red micarta liners.

All signed up!

Thanks for the chance!:thumbup:

I would consider Lignum Vitae as a good natural,

but also really enjoy stabilized CA. Buckeye burl...

Good idea. Maybe this'll get me off my ass and get busy on the blade I got from you last year, or was it the year before.

Jim Kitchens

I just signed up (I think--I just sign up with the form in the link and activate it, right?) and I would be VERY excited to get this.

As for the handle, I will have to admit that I'm a Wenge person, but failing that I would probably go for Locust or Black Palm

~Noah

Big fan of your knives sir!
Nothing would do enough justice than some stabilized wood. No matter what kind of maple, Oak, Cherry or Apple wood the knife will be dressed with, it will be 100% perfect.
Subscribed, thank you.

Subscribed and thanks for the contest. As far as handle material- possibly carbon fiber, but I'll have to think about it!

I have a lot of Purpleheart wood and some of another I can't identify that looks sort of like Tiger Eye Maple, but not quite, it is a natural med. brown. Both were from stock from an out of business pool stick factory that was in the trash pile. I scooped up a bunch of it. All that would fit in my trunk at the time. Wish my trunk had been empty at the time I found it.
I would use one of those.

I am on the list, I am on the list (gloating). :D

Yo' daddies on the welfare (Eddie Murphy). :p

I'd take ironwood, cocobolo, or Hawaian koa wood with black liners. Thanks for the chance, Dan. :thumbup:

Signed up! Thanks for the chance! I've not yet had the chance to own a Scandi Grind. I'll be crossing my fingers for the next three days!

I would stick with Micarta for the handle. Maybe burlap or just natural canvas.

Thanks for the amazing giveaway! ive been wanting to start making my own knives and this would be a perfect way to begin! i would like to give a go at putting either carbon fiber or micarta scales. preferably a red color scale just because its my favorite color.

Nice looking knife Dan.
Quilt maple or flame maple since I have some.
I would say Gabon Ebony but I hear that stuff is hard to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back