Winner Announced! The Giving Thanks Thanksgiving Give Away!

Welp, Halloween is over and we're already being bombarded with Christmas; which speaks to our seemingly frequent inability to stop and think about our lives, our loved ones, and our fortunes.

So, with Thanksgiving approaching, let's stop for a moment and reflect on what we're thankful for.

The Rules
Any member in good standing is eligible! In order to be entered, all you have to do is share with us what you are thankful for.

On Thanksgiving Day (after I awake from my turkey coma), I'll pull a name out of a hat and post our winner's name.

The Knife
Our winner will receive one of the new GEC BEER SCOUTS!

As I'm sure you know, the Beer Scouts have not shipped yet. I have already paid for one and paid for pre-order on others. However, I understand that this is the real world and stuff happens. In the event of unforeseen circumstances in which I do not obtain a Beer Scout, the winner will receive a seldom-carried, never used to cut Ebony Wood GEC 77 Washington Jack.

What I'm thankful for

I've had one heck of a year so far. I'm coming up on one year of membership here on BF, and I have learned much, appreciated a ton, and connected with people who have enriched my life. Personally, my wife and I purchased our first home, I moved up a little at my company, and most importantly, we welcomed our incredible little girl, Clara, into the world.

I'm incredibly thankful for the friendships that have started here and the vast wealth of knowledge provided by peoples from every corner of the globe. I enjoy the knowledge I glean from these people as much as I enjoy the interactions themselves. I'm thankful for the displays of humanity and decency that are so prevalent on The Porch. I'm thankful for my family, whose support is unending. I am thankful.

Now, it's your turn! Good luck to all entrants!

Last edited:
I am in!
I am thankful for the simple joys of fall. Taking walks through the city when the leaves are in color, drinking a cup of coffee in the cool mornings, and watching the squirrels in the park. That is what I am thankful for.

That is one heck of a giveaway Shawn! Count me in!

This forum as been a great source of information for me as well and I'm thankful for all of the great folks I've connected with and those I've learned from. However my wife and I are most thankful for our beautiful little girl. She just turned one this year and is the light of my life!

tC3Ijxhm.jpg

Last edited:
This is an excellent give away. I am in.

I am thankful for many things. I am thankful for having found the love of my life and the deep bond that we share. I am thankful for being blessed with having great kids. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given throughout my career. My currently employer is truly the best place I have ever worked. I am thankful for being given the ability and desire to help others in need. I am thankful for the roof over my head. I am thankful for having two wonderful dogs. The list really could go on and on. One last thing I'll mention is that I'm thankful for finally coming around to start taking part in this forum. I've never met any of you folks in person, but from what I can read in this forum, you are very kind and genuine people. Here's to many years to come as I hopefully get to know you better.

I am in. I am thankful for my family and ability to travel to see more of them this holiday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A very excellent give away!
I recently had a conversation with a cashier at Sam's Club where she told me that she works at both Sam's Club and a regional fast food burger joint to make ends meet. Now I am very thankful for a great wife and a roof over my head but this woman made me realize how fortunate I am to have a college education and to work in my field of study.

I don't need to work two jobs just to survive nor does my wife. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to attend college and that it is paying off.

Not an entry, I already won a GAW from you! :) A very generous offer! I am thankful for my family. I am also thankful for a job to support my family - I appreciate it even more after surviving recent cuts at work....

I'm in! What an incredible giveaway! I'm thankful for my two incredible sons and our health. Also, for some great friends who've helped us through some tough times lately. And finally for some of the acquaintances that I've made right here on BF. Happy holidays to all of you!

Thanks for the GAW. It's been a very tough year... lots of good came along--my fourth child, my promotion... but I lost the man who raised me, who was closer to me than my parents. He died in my arms, having chose to refuse treatment for his illnesses. It broke my heart, but I know that's how he wanted to go--he smiled at me, breathed his last, and went as I held him. So, I'm also thankful I was there to repay him, at least in part, for all that he has given me. He went the way he wanted--I'm thankful for that.

Sorry for the heaviness. Good luck to all.

I'm in,

I'm thankful to have a son on the way! Our first child, so busy times coming up for me for awhile... or forever... I haven't sorted that out yet lol.

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope everyone has time to spend with friends and family.

This is a generous and thoughtful giveaway!

As I look over this year there have been ups and downs, problems and joys. But through it all have been friends and family for which I am sincerely thankful - most of all my wife of 42 years (who has put up with me :) ).

I am also sincerely thankful for this on-line traditional knife community where I can come to enjoy our hobby and the generous and friendly folks who spend time here. :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm in. I'm deeply grateful for my wife and son, more than anything. Also for reconnecting with many old friends. And making new ones here on the porch(and a few elsewhere:D).
Thanks, Neal

Thank you, Shawn, I am in. I am greatful for many things, but mainly life and health and family. I had a major heart attack three years ago, and could have lost all three. The Lord has blessed me with an extension (my way of thinking) so that I can continue to enjoy my grandchildren, hunting, shooting and this great bunch of knife enthusiasts found on the Traditional forum.

Wow! What a giveaway! Thank you for the opportunity! I am thankful for my new wife, for the fact that my 81 year old Mom is still alive and that we have an awesome relationship, and for my 18 year old tabby cat and 13 year old greyhound. I'm not financially wealthy, but I have wealth in spades where it really counts. I have all that I need and then some. Life is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year I am thankful my wife of 21,years was cured of Cancer, I also thankful that my Daughter finished High school in the Top 15% and earned a Scholarship to College where she a A&B student this Fall.

It is so easy to get wrapped up in the hubbub. Forget what amazing blessings we have in our lives. And how amazingly lucky we are to have happened to be born into our civilized wealthy countries.

I'm in. Thanks for the opportunity! Very generous of you!

I'm thankful for so many things. Most recently im thankful that God gave me an amazing wife. Life sometimes sucks, but it's nice to have someone to commiserate with and be there for you through the ups and downs.

Thanks again.

Jim

I am in, very generous of you, thankful for this opportunity!
Thankful for the blessings of good health my family has. My parents are doing great, their siblings and children not so much. My siblings and all of our 9 total kids and our spouses are blessed with great health. And my wife just got a substantial raise this week. God is good!

I'm in! I'm thankful for my health: I have a rapidly healing broken collar bone with a steel plate in it that could have been a broken neck, a botched surgery, or just not healing right. I'm thankful for being able to follow a career in horses where I can combine a love of the outdoors with an academic background and a desire to teach. I'm thankful for my wife's love and constant companionship. And I'm thankful for living in a nation that can withstand the most recent political season and not crumble as many other countries would have.

I'll be even more thankful with a new Beer Scout! 😉

Zieg

hey im in this is a great way of showing we are more than just knife nuts.i am very thankful for good health thankful for my daughter and her husband and there dog pete that there all in good health.we all have plenty to eat and roofs over our heads,thankful for my five brothers and my 78 yr old mother for living thru the raising of us.i am very thankful to have stumbled onto this forum were these people seem just like they are all one big family. thanks for having me and thank god for another day, happy thanksgiving everyone were ever you are..steve

Back