*winner chosen* 500ish posts giveaway.

That's so cool, thanks man! I'm in, my gateway knife was a kershaw skyline. Once I got that guy I just started collecting more and more and more! not my pic btw

I'm in- thanks for the chance....and cool this actually is my 50th post so I qualify :) It's like it was meant to be

My gateway knife was the Kershaw Blur

I'm in. I try to "collect" knives like this to use as prizes for the scout group I work with. When boys do really well at some wilderness skill, I have something to give/incentivize.

Anyway, I've never used a sypderco, or a Byrd, so id love to try it a bit before it was gifted away.

And its hard to choose a gateway knife. One might say it was the Ontario cub scout knife, the Gerber gator I got when I was 13, the Gerber 400 multitool, the Kershaw blackout, or the Becker bk2. All of them could be considered a "gateway" knife of some sort.

Either way, I'm happy where I am now :D.

Thanks for the giveaway.

I am in, thanks. My gateway knife was probably a nice Solingen sheath knife with a deer foot handle, given to me by my father when he was with the Army in Germany. The first folding knife I remember owning was a three blade stockman that I purchased myself and used when performing chores and working around the yard, even working after school at a science museum.

I would like to become a "Spyderman". When he was two or three, Spiderman was my young son's hero. In fact, the boy broke is collarbone when he jumped off a dining room chair trying to copy his hero:D We had to explain that television characters are not the same as real life. ;)

I'm in, thanks. My gateway knife was a Solingen steel Boker traditional that I bought on a road trip when I was young. Dad carried a Boker when I was young so I had to have one, of course. Still have it somewhere.

Last edited:
This is awesome! I'm in! My gateway knife was a Kershaw skyline (folder) and Becker bk16 (fixed)

I'm in! Appreciate the opportunity!

My gateway knife was actually a Chinese clone of a Buck 110 when I was a kid! I believe I found it at my grandmother's house and she let me keep it. I might have been 8 or 9 but it started me down this expensive path!

Not my pic, but this is what the clone looked like haha!

Cut my teach on an old military surplus Ontario 498 (Same as Kabar USMC). $18 from a surplus shop near Conifer, CO in about 1987. I carried that thing everywhere! Thanks for the chance at the Byrd!

I'm in.

Gateway knife? Al Mar Hawk from AG Russell.

It was Bucks, Schrade, and Gerbers (when they were good knives) before that.

Ric

My gateway into "good" knives was a CRKT Voodoo, AO and 154CM steel, liked it so much I bought a second one when the torsion bar broke. I am in for a chance at my first Spyderco and thank you.

I also work 3rd shift. Love it, Love it, Love it! Although we do one week on, one week off - rotating.

Your giveaway is very generous and since I don't own a Spyderco this would be a cool way to check one out. Thanks for the chance!

And here is my Gateway! Just stumbled upon it on that river site and bought it for gardening work. Once I got it I was instantly infected.

nwb9.jpg

Eric

Back