Your current top 3 on the list

I already have almost all the knives I have wanted. Except maybe these.

Another Benchmade CLA, this time with partially serrated blade(maybe)
Survive! knives SK 3.5 (excited about my GSO 7/7, but that is already purchased)
Carothers field knife 2.0

The We knives Double Helix new locking mechanism that is supposed to be out this month. Something besides a boring frame lock for once .

I have just started to yet into knives so I have a top one.. Spyderco Paramilitary 2 by far my favorite knife.

Reate Jack Integral
Reate New Torrent

The Reate T4000CF is a strong maybe and the WE...Tish? Taish? Thyche? Whatever...their new Integral, is also a big maybe.

My top three would be...
1. Spydiechef
2. Spyderco Techno
3. Giant Mouse Gm3

Jump on those first two now before the prices get too ridiculous. They are both incredible blades!

snrubwr said: ↑

My top three would be...
1. Spydiechef
2. Spyderco Techno
3. Giant Mouse Gm3
Jump on those first two now before the prices get too ridiculous. They are both incredible blades!

Um, they are already priced ridiculous - the chef seems to be MAP priced at $215
Same with the techno.

I would be very into both if the MAP was closer to $150

1. Trevor Burger/TBC Knives EXK Plus
2. Holt Specter
3. That's it. I'll never buy another knife ... as far as my wife knows.

I would have said Koenig Arius, but I just got it. Outstanding knife.

1. Emerson CQC-6 Waveless
2. Emerson CQC-5 Waveless
3. Emerson Custom Tanto

Tough bill to fill.

1) BM Crooked River (g10 version) or BM 940-1 (if I get one I will not get the other);
2) Spyderco Yojimbo 2;
3) Another Esee 6.

P.S.: I forgot to do an honorable mention: The Spyderco Shaman (for now and probably forever) was removed from the list because of the huge price increase.

Last edited:
Most likely a Condor Ironpath fixed blade is in my future (for the fun of it).
Nothing else specific right now although it is likely that I will pick up a GEC of some sort if something catches my interest. I will be getting the Traditional Forum's 2018 Buck slippie also.

A thornburn, Blomerus or a JD deventer ( all depends whats available at the SA knife guilds show in August)
Reate's Jack
Microtech Halo VI ( i hope)

snrubwr said: ↑

My top three would be...
1. Spydiechef
2. Spyderco Techno
3. Giant Mouse Gm3

Um, they are already priced ridiculous - the chef seems to be MAP priced at $215
Same with the techno.

I would be very into both if the MAP was closer to $150

This discussion made me go take a peek at the Techno 2 specs.

They fixed the blade thickness!!! It’s .13” now!

I may need to get one ☹️

Spyderco Paysan (have a pre order - assuming they are available soon)

Blurple Para 2 (already have the flytanium titanium scales)

Lionsteel SR1

...those have a 90 plus percent chance of being purchased next, but something else always comes up

I hate to say it but other than novelty knives, (knives that pique my curiosity like a Rockstead or a Busse in INFI) the knives I have will serve me well.

I love knives and everything about them and can always rationalize the next knife but between my few customs, the Sebenzas, ZTs and the slipjoints I carry everything is taken care of. If you want to know the next three I’m going to get? Even I don’t know that.

Hell if you woulda told me a couple of months ago I was gonna buy a Crawford/CRKT Offbeat I woulda laughed, (fixed income and all) it’s hard to predict but barring the Traditional Forum’s annual knife I’m at the mercy of others and the whimsy of my wallet.

Back