Your favorite movie sword? Pics

Whats your favorite sword from a movie? Or moment from a movie including a sword?

My favorite is the scene from 300, phalanx does it job then Leonidas draws and all you know what breaks loose!

leonidas-copy.jpg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;siCPozekiro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siCPozekiro[/video]

I'm looking forward to when you do a sword for a movie, Stuart. I'd like to see you do a version of that sword of valleria.

Sleepy Hollow sssssssssssnake hilt. Missed the Albion version. Windlass should hv=ave them in the coming weeks (per their cs) Kind of bland but I likessssssss it.
14ize2o.jpg

The other is probably the sequences of Ichi films. That and too many to mention from good old Japanese films and the swords.
20b1p2g.jpg

The Duelists swords I kind of take for granted. Then there is Marlon Brando with his spadroon in Mutiny On The Bounty. Lots of accurate historic types appear in film. Of those military films, probably the nicest I appreciate is the eagle pommel handed to Crow by the French captain (playing doctor) in Master&Commander. I have a screenshot somewhere but I've better pictures of a similar type of hilt.

25ur5sg.jpg

Cheers

GC

The masked dude's kris in Queens of Langkasuka:

[youtube]7Y_Ft_-7bFg[/youtube]

And the many dha/krabi in Bang Rajan:

[youtube]257_aZK9RnI[/youtube]

I liked the Kurgan's sword in The highlander because it was a take-down. It wasn't ornate or very original, and the little blades on the hilt seem kind of pointless, but they were scary.

Back