Your Fighter EDC

Strider rogue warrior 1
IMG_0630.jpg

i must say alot of people say knivs are bad SD weapon but what if you cant carry a gun? atleast around town? and if you cant have a gun then you cant have a shooting taser. have you guys ever been shocked by the hand held taser? as a teen we used to shock each other for fun. its lame.
Then you are using the wrong kind of taser. The ones I have used at work will drop a body real quick. And sitting around tasing each other is lame.
pepper spray is pretty good stuff but what if your in a struggle with someone? spray yourself to? that would suck
I usually carry pepper foam it helps to prevent this. It also forms a thick goo that is difficult to get out of ones eyes so even if the pain isn't enough to stop them taking way their vision helps.
IMO awhile ago someone had posted about leaving walgreens at night and someone tried robbing him and lumped him with a tire iron. he got the would be robber with his Manix 2 IIRC.
A lot of people say a lot of things online. you'd be amazed at how many Navy Seals there are online. If this encounter did happen then he got very lucky, but don't ever let luck confuse you or let one instance lull you into false confidence.

i think knives are good SD weapons. not everyone can carry guns

normally i carry a large folder around 4" blade or so todays its the CS Spartan but i rotate thru my knives and if im out and about town i always have a homemade HAK in my boot laces or someplace crafty

What make you think they are good weapons? What experience do you have with them as weapons?

I think a push dagger would be effective for most of the populace. anyone can punch.
No (trust me) they can't.

I hear so many people say they carry a knife for SD and I tell every single one of them not to. They ask "Why?" I then proceed to tell them that getting that close to someone is the last place you want to be in a confrontation and then tell them how messy a knife fight is. and that in all of the knife fights I have been in (all training/sparing thankfully) I have only ever had one where I didn't get "cut" also. Add in the fact that with all of the blood that is going to be involved you have a very good risk at being contaminated by the other person's blood and whatever diseases they have.

Another thing to think about is clothing if someone is wearing a bunch of layers stabbing becomes very difficult, and the harder it is to stab the higher the risk of your hand slipping up onto the blade and cutting your own finger(s) Loose & baggy clothing make slashing/slicing attacks difficult to A. find the target & B. you can get bound up in their clothing.

I've taken many knives off of people at work, and past a couple of Kershaws (my guess because of the AO) every single one has been a piece of crap walmart/gas station special, a boxcutter/folding boxcutter, a small kitchen knife, or a screwdriver (some of which have been sharpened.) So rarely will you be encountering someone with an expensive super steel knife but guess what it'll still cut ya.

Do I carry a knife? Yes. Do I carry a knife as my primary means of SD? No, and i don't suggest it to anyone.

Before I rigged up the izula I use to carry a kabar TDI. The retention is mediocre and the handle was kinda slick.
From what ive seen, I think anything sharp and concealable will do the trick. Also make sure there is decent grip on the handle, after the first few thrusts things tend to get sticky seen when there are usually multiple hand lacerations on the stabbers hand.
I see a lot of stabbings and more "slicings" at work. Most of them are committed with dull shitty folders. None of the wounds look pleasant

Back