Your first Spyderco of 2019?

2018 was an awesome year for Spyderco knives for me, and 2019 is looking like a good start.

XMZsRNf.jpg

UYeT3GT.jpg

1jc0QpU.jpg

I found this tonight on Kijiji for only $100 cad ($75 US) which IMHO was a fantastic price. I messaged the guy and turned out it has no box which kinda worried me. We kept talking and he offered it to me for only $85!! ($63.62 US). Well for that price I can't say no and decided to make the 1 hour drive up to the city.

I messaged the guy at 4 to say id take the knife and I was heading up to Edmonton to get it and started driving. I get to Edmonton and I haven't gotten a response. I go have super, I do some shopping and it's almost 6:30 and I still haven't heard from him. Now I'm getting worried.
All I could think was someone else had offered him more and like a lot of people online they just don't respond to you to let you know. It's also starting to blizzard outside.

I take a deep sigh as I look at my phone and I get in my car to head home...Suddenly out of no where he messages me. He asks if I could come in a hour. NP so I go hang out at Walmart for a bit. Well in that short of time it's now a full out blizzard outside! All I could think was I should just head home I must be crazy.

I finally find his house, and it's a huge mansion! I couldn't help think why is this guy selling it, as he obviously doesn't need the money. I get talking to him and this is some speculation but I believe it might have been his kids knife and he felt it was way to BIG for his kid, and bought him a smaller PM3 instead. The guy was awesome guy and he gave me a deal of a life time!!

Now I can't wait for my Bob T's to show up.

TL;DR

Whats the first Spyderco you guys plan on getting or hope getting this year?

2018 was an awesome year for Spyderco knives for me, and 2019 is looking like a good start.

<snip>

Whats the first Spyderco you guys plan on getting or hope getting this year?

For 2019, I've already purchased a Silverax, Mantra 3 and Shaman.

As for new models, I've pre-ordered the Vogt Tropen at BHQ and also have the Smock on my list as a potential buy. As for discontinued models, there are too many to mention. However, I'm currently set up to bid on a Catcherman, EuroEdge and Starmate.

Last edited:
For 2019, I've already purchased a Silverax, Mantra 3 and Shaman.

As for new models, I've pre-ordered the Vogt Tropen at BHQ and also have the Smock on my list as a potential buy. As for discontinued models, there are too many to mention. However, I'm currently set up to bid on a Catcherman, EuroEdge and Starmate.

You've been busy! I ordered a Starmate and I hope it arrives tomorrow

I recently ordered and received a box containing a Yojimbo 2, Tasman Salt(yellow plain edged), Endura 4(green), Delica 4(blue), Efficient(green), plus a Byrd Hawkbill. A day later I found a site that still had a single Endura V-Toku2 sprint run so I ordered it too.

Right now.... I have zero Spyderco knives planned for 2019. Landed the Brouwear and McBee last year and and very impressed with both.

In 2019, I'm trying to slow / stop most knive purchases but then again, I've said that before.

Horse race between the V-TOKU2 Stretch and the Super Gold Endura.
I'd love a Super Gold Endura. But I honestly don't know how massdrop is supposed to work? I've been looking at the knife for months now waiting for it to go on sale.

I'd love a Super Gold Endura. But I honestly don't know how massdrop is supposed to work? I've been looking at the knife for months now waiting for it to go on sale.
It's all sold by pre-order. You can request the drop again but I don't know if that will ever get enough requests. They had to make a lot.

Your best hope is wait for the folks who got them or who got a few to sell them. I only got one myself but they'll start to show up in the exchange.

The Dlt Manix exclusive and the Massdrop Endura should be my first two. The Endura will hopefully ship in February.

Last edited:
You've been busy! I ordered a Starmate and I hope it arrives tomorrow

Much busier that you'd ever imagine. LOL!

Actually bought 2 others on New Year's Eve off of the Exchange -- a modified Vallatton D/A Auto and a Renegade -- that I couldn't include in the 2019 count. Just making up for lost time and trying to quickly build a collection that I should have done over many years previously. Pretty close to "catching up" and slowing down the acquisitions but not quite there yet.

Had a Spydiechef but sold already. Not for me. Missed by a few minutes a Slyz Bowie. Pissed about that. Dear God please bring that back for a sprint or something. Or hell, just make ME one!!!!

Next up will be the Paysan if it ever arrives.

I received my S30V/Titanium Military last week. Amazing knife IMO.

I will be ordering a PM2 at some point this year but won’t be going crazy with my knife buying like I did in 2018.

I actually downsized my Spyderco collection this year. I sold a Manix 2 and did a GAW for a Native 5.

I want quite a few, both extant and upcoming, but it's hard to say which will be first. The Tropen and Smock are both strong contenders.

Back