Your killin me Boker Plus

I love quality, and if China can produce a quality knife, then I will buy it. I have two Kizer's, with a third one shipping out on the 18th. I will also have the Boker Plus Krein Bulldog coming with the Kizer.

I have been looking at the Charles Marlowe collab, the Squail. Looks like a nice knife and the sites say it is manufactured in Taiwan.

I got the Böker Plus 101 Kalashnikov. Just a fantastic mall ninja blade to have some backyard fun with :cool:. Excellent fit and finish btw!

I too have a dilemma regarding a Boker fixed blade. I really like the design of the Boker Plus Mosier, but have some reservations about the blade steel. It has the Sandvik 12n27 steel, which I have no experience with. I know BRK has used it on occasion, but there is no doubt they have the heat treat at an optimum level. Looking at the reviews of the Boker Mosier, only one person commented on the (poor) edge holding ability. Everyone else was going by appearance, and ergos alone. Does anyone have some actual user experience with this steel, as done by Boker? If it would hold an edge for a decent amount of time, I would jump on one in a heartbeat.

I too have a dilemma regarding a Boker fixed blade. I really like the design of the Boker Plus Mosier, but have some reservations about the blade steel. It has the Sandvik 12n27 steel, which I have no experience with. I know BRK has used it on occasion, but there is no doubt they have the heat treat at an optimum level. Looking at the reviews of the Boker Mosier, only one person commented on the (poor) edge holding ability. Everyone else was going by appearance, and ergos alone. Does anyone have some actual user experience with this steel, as done by Boker? If it would hold an edge for a decent amount of time, I would jump on one in a heartbeat.

I have a Rhino in 12c27, and its edge-holding is on par with the Bokers I own with 440C, and general consensus seems to suggest that 12c27 is a slight improvement over 440C. I take edge-holding comparisons with a grain of salt, unless the reviewer specifies what he's comparing and the comparison is a reasonable one.

I have a Rhino in 12c27, and its edge-holding is on par with the Bokers I own with 440C, and general consensus seems to suggest that 12c27 is a slight improvement over 440C. I take edge-holding comparisons with a grain of salt, unless the reviewer specifies what he's comparing and the comparison is a reasonable one.

I have found a good 12c27 to be closer to a good AUS-8. Somewhere between AUS-8 and 440C, maybe. It sharpens as easily as AUS-8 and holds an edge a bit better, while being super easy to polish the edge on and takes a razor edge in no time. Most of the Sandvik steels seem to perform like a CPM version of steels like AUS-8 AND 440C.

I have several Boker products. As for their Boker Plus line, though it's not superb steels, sometimes comes with Fit & Finish issues, and not always sharp out of the box, but if you avoid the folders (or take your chances), and sharpen the edge yourself, it won't be a big problem.

Anyway, you always have their own German Brand (comes with the Tree trademark) to consider. I have the Boker Pipsqueak, Boker Jim Burke Thorn, Boker Jens Anso 67. All top notch manufactured folders with no problems whatsoever.

I can honestly say I won't be buying anymore from Boker plus I recently tried again buying the boker/rexford epicenter and the boker/burnley kwaiken.
The epicenter I received is just straight terrible horribly off center where it rubs gritty action and ridiculously strong detent (I have to dig my nail under the thumbstud and pry to open)
The kwaiken is much better flips well with good action but again it came off center.
1 thing I did like was the nice boxes that the knives came in though

where are you buying your knives? do you often look for the best price? The reason I ask is because I find that looking for the best price will often get you a lesser quality knife. Dealers like bladehq and other reliable sources are much better at filtering out crap knives. But I would really really avoid ebay or other auction sites when buying cheaper knives like the boker plus line or anything from CRKT. I have noticed that everytime I buy a lower priced knife off of ebay thinking im getting a great deal the knife was simply being discounted because it has issues. Every single time the issues are never disclosed and are being sold as new. Also when it comes to off center blades be sure that you are looking near the pivot area for centering. The reason I say this is because many times grinding is not perfect even on USA produced knives. And what looks like an off center blade in relation to the handle is actually an off center grind. I have a 0801 from ZT that looks like the blade is kicked to one side. But at the pivot it has the exact same space between the handle slabs and it looks more off center as you get to the tip. The real culprit is it was not ground the same on each side. Sharpening it on an apex confirmed that it was actually the grind that was off and not the actual centering. Either way its a screw up.

I've had some German made Boker's that came with problems out of the box. I could have returned them, but I was able to correct the problem myself. I also loved the design, and I'm talking about the Titan Defender, a $300 knife in the U.S., so I fixed the problems and loved it. The problems were blade centering and fit finish of the handle scales as the scales were higher than the titanium liners. I've actually had 3 of these, with two being the Titan Defender, and the other being the lightweight version, and the lightweight Titan Defender was perfect out of the box. Now I have the Arctos XL which is perfect!

Just telling this because I have not had problems with the Boker Plus items I have purchased, other than two coming with a blade that was not perfectly centered, well centered to what I consider perfect, but in 95% of the knives I have bought that had off centered blades, I have been able to fix them. Sometimes this is a simple turn of some screws, other times I fix it when disassembled, and I disassemble all knives that can be disassembled, it's just what I do.

My whole point is that the Boker Plus knives are getting better and better, in my opinion of course.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I was going to get the Boker Plus Bulldog and try to use it as an edc, still getting it because I love the design, but I am going ahead and getting the Boker Plus PSK also. The PSK seems more likely to be a better choice as an edc. My question is does the Tek-Lok it comes with allow for belt carry, or would I need to purchase one that will?

I love the Boker Dark Hollow, Sniper Bladeworks collaboration knife. Sweet looking knife & getting one soon.

I have had no good Bokers so their colabs are indeed killing me. If only Benchmade or KAI had offered some of these.
Spyderco could have made some of the Boker colabs too. Too bad they wont drop the spyderHole, it holds them back on so many cool designs.

A lot of the Boker knives can be had for MUCH cheaper from other sources. For instance, the Strider looking one above is available under the Tekut label for dirt cheap, and quite a few are sold under the Colt licensed Frost label for literally a tenth of the price. Maybe I'm bitter, but friends don't let friends buy Boker Plus/Magnum.

The Nano I had for a few days was top notch. Sure, better steel wouldn't hurt (440C isn't that bad, and probably a step up from the 8Cr13Mov that they appear to mine from the ground in China). And I'm not 100% sure how to grip the thing. But it feels like a $100 knife and it's just gorgeous.

01bo597.jpg

Too bad I mistakenly ordered the slip joint. Dang it. Need to find a good price on a frame lock Nano.

And the SanYouGo and Gnome fixed blades really catch my eye. They're ridiculous, pointless... But I must have them.

02bo270.jpg

03bo051.jpg

A lot of their folders look like utter fail to me, but some of these are really nice designs. China is going to be putting a lot more knives in my closet in the future.

And there's... the neck mini tactical prybar:

02bo282_2.jpg

Maybe I'm out of the loop on knife trends but I can't even figure out what to do with a regular neck knife. Plus there's the thought of slicing up your hand while you pry on something.

Last edited:
The s2 is a cool looking flipper. The fact that its made in china made me say no at first but the more I think about it I might give it a shot.

The s2 is a cool looking flipper. The fact that its made in china made me say no at first but the more I think about it I might give it a shot.

Yeah, it is. That's also a Sniper Bladeworks collaboration.

A lot of the Boker knives can be had for MUCH cheaper from other sources. For instance, the Strider looking one above is available under the Tekut label for dirt cheap, and quite a few are sold under the Colt licensed Frost label for literally a tenth of the price. Maybe I'm bitter, but friends don't let friends buy Boker Plus/Magnum.

Which Strider looking knife?

And I've also noticed that there are a lot of similar, sometimes identical looking, folders from different labels; particularly sub-50$ folders. Are these made at the same plant, then sent to different labels?

Yeah, it is. That's also a Sniper Bladeworks collaboration.

Which Strider looking knife?

And I've also noticed that there are a lot of similar, sometimes identical looking, folders from different labels; particularly sub-50$ folders. Are these made at the same plant, then sent to different labels?
The Special Forces folder with the dual flippers on the first page.

Boker doesn't design most of their Chinese knives. They simply get a catalog from a Chinese maker and pick the designs they wish to have them etch their logo on to. In fact when he had a website, Chad Los Banos even had a blog post a couple years ago that (nicely) made it clear they were putting his name on blades he had nothing to do with.

One of their current popular designs is actually the Enlan EL02. It's just twice as much with their logo on it.

The Special Forces folder with the dual flippers on the first page.

Boker doesn't design most of their Chinese knives. They simply get a catalog from a Chinese maker and pick the designs they wish to have them etch their logo on to. In fact when he had a website, Chad Los Banos even had a blog post a couple years ago that (nicely) made it clear they were putting his name on blades he had nothing to do with.

One of their current popular designs is actually the Enlan EL02. It's just twice as much with their logo on it.

Ah, yeah, I've noticed some similar designs in some lines (Smith & Wesson, Colt, and the likes.). What is the name of the Boker Enlan?

Anyhow, the Tekut one has a slightly different handle than the Boker one. Are you sure they are the same?

Last edited:
Since my earlier post I purchased a Resurrection Gen 2 and was so impressed with it I got a second one which I keep at work in my tool box. It's lke the Tenacious and the ZT0200 made a baby.

Great user blade, feels hefty and packs some serious cutting power with that argessive recurve.

nozh-boker-plus-resurrection-gen2-01bo412-7.jpg

Back