Your killin me Boker Plus

The Boker Plus Colubris that is based on the American Kami design really appeals to me. For ~$70 it looks like you get a pretty decent package overall.

Ah, yeah, I've noticed some similar designs in some lines (Smith & Wesson, Colt, and the likes.). What is the name of the Boker Enlan?

Anyhow, the Tekut one has a slightly different handle than the Boker one. Are you sure they are the same?
The Boker is actually an EL02. I got them mixed up. It's sold as the "A Stan". You're right about the uandles varying, but they look to be identical otherwise. They can be bought on the international auction site that can't be named from the source manufacturer with the Strider copied handles for a few bucks with or without the Boker label though.

I actually saw the Colt version of the Boker "Forward" sell for $9 the other day, and the Boker version is usually around $30.

Shite. Just found the Boker Kwaiken. Where has this knife been hiding all this time? Though it's not cheap.

funny how not so long ago, people thought Japan-made knives were horrible, and now...well, you know... btw fallknivens are made in Japan...

I have a Boker Rold, an Apparo and a '13 Collection (McGhee Bowie), all made in China, all excellent blades. Carry on.

funny how not so long ago, people thought Japan-made knives were horrible, and now...well, you know... btw fallknivens are made in Japan...

I have a Boker Rold, an Apparo and a '13 Collection (McGhee Bowie), all made in China, all excellent blades. Carry on.
My issue with Boker is not the country of origin. It's that most (not all) of their Chinese knives are pre existing Chinese knives they have their name put on and sold for 200% more. It's a free market though, so they can reap all the profits they want, but I'm also free to dislike that business model.

My issue with Boker is not the country of origin. It's that most (not all) of their Chinese knives are pre existing Chinese knives they have their name put on and sold for 200% more. It's a free market though, so they can reap all the profits they want, but I'm also free to dislike that business model.

This is true of the Magnum line up, they just select models presented to them and put their name on them. They have little to no hand in creating these designs or the manufacturing process. This is not true of the Plus line however. Not only do they take a much more hands on approach with their designs- look at all the great collabs they're offering- they take a mich stricter stance on the QC of these knives. They're actually quite good from my experiences with them. Personally I think they would be better served in the knife community if they would ditch the Magnum line and just focus on the Tree/Arbolito/Plus lines. But obviously enough people buy the Magnum knives to justify it. I just think it hurts their image when someone comes across a pos knife and they see Magnum by Boker on it.

This is how I understand it anyways

I would give Boker more time if they would stop ripping off other designs.

They also have a Buck Vantage, and Cold Steel Ti-Lite knock off. There were a few others, but those ones stood out to me the most.

I really love the Vox/boker plus collaborations, i think the fit and finish are great! and you're talking about the 440c, but i really don't see the matter with this steel as it is really well heat treated by boker. Plus, there's several knives like the rhino and the sanyougo that are in 12c27, also a good steel in my mind. Those aren't super steel, but if you want premium steel in collaborations... just ask a custom to the guy ;).

I've made several reviews of those knives if it interests you guys:

rhino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0lrQ6KZ14
sanyougo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O69LzfnETwA

I really like the gnome for edc too, even though it looks a bit ridiculous, it's really handy :D

So a thread that started off as praise for Boker Plus knives degenerated into a bunch of whining about supposed copies of Becker knives. Kabar/Becker probably couldn't care less and I don't either. To return to the subject of the thread; I like a lot of Boker Plus models. The Boker Colubris , as mentioned , is a great little fixed blade,[ I hope Boker does more collaborations with American Kami] the Jim Wagner RBB folders have got to be among the most menacing looking folders ever made and the Chad Los Banos karambit is cool as well... to mention only a handful.
I'm really looking forward to the Uouclos which, in photographs at least, is one of the very nicest production Persians I've ever seen.

I try to avoid buying knives from China but I do have a few Boker colabs. Vox and Curtis. 440c is a decent steel but when the knives are at the $100+ price, I expect better.

They have some great designs, my Schanz dagger is GREAT, literally, i also had some kinda shark knife earlier which seemed nice but with bad handle fasteners
They also have some infuriating fakes, i think i recently saw them sell a Benchmade 51 copy

I try to avoid buying knives from China but I do have a few Boker colabs. Vox and Curtis. 440c is a decent steel but when the knives are at the $100+ price, I expect better.
I bet you and many people do not know what 440c actually is or how difficult it is to work with... my dagger is about a centimetre thick and i got it for maybe 150 dollar

So I just got my first Boker fixed blade the Boker Plus Bulldog and I was a little apprehensive about getting a Chinese made knife as well. But, Wal-Mart had it on sale so I decided to give it a shot. I will say this, the 440c is true whether Chinese, Taiwanese, German made or whatever. Sharp knife right out of the box. Comes with a kydex sheath and belt clip. Chain for the lanyard loop as well. Classic Boker box. This knife is probably a little longer in the handle than I'd like. I like my knives to ride a little lower when EDC'ing but I guess this really isn't an EDC type of knife. Fits well in hand, cuts great. Look nice as well. Here is a pic of her.

I like a lot of Boker designs but I've heard their QC can be hit and miss...

I'll probably give them a shot soon though

Back