Photos Your Longest EDC'ed knife

Hi there...
Thought it would be nice to start a thread of pictures of the knives you've EDC'ed the longest. Got the idea when I realised I've carried my CS Recon 1 for 8 years straight!

Still a greenhorn member so I don't think I can post pics yet, but hope you guys do!

Since I got into moderns folders, an 0562 for 2-3 years. Oddly, today is a rare day when I have it on me. I carry a Keen damn near every day now. I’ve made myself switch it up the past 3 days.

Longest EDC was likely about 4”.

Zing!

But actually, the Sebenza-plus-victorinox-pioneer edc has lasted me for about 4 years now, with only occasional interruptions for the sake of novelty.

Last edited:
I can't really participate because I change dailey and often hourly. I just have not found the 'one' that kicks all the others out of the rotation for any extended time. Hope to find it someday though.

I will say I envy and admire those who carry one particular knife for weeks, months, and years. Wow.

I tend to fall in love with one of my folders for about a month or two and carry only that folder. Usually after that time another folder catches my attention and I carry that nonstop.

But the knife that truly is with me every day is my little SAK classic on my keychain.

Longest I went was 2 years straight with a Buck 482, then I found this place which got me thinking to carry something different each week.

Beyond that there's my Leatherman fuse which I don't think of as a knife, , but I carried it every single day for many years till recently. Now after realizing I don't actually need it 24/7 I only carry it at work or out and about.
At home it's just the Squirt.

from 2004 until 2017 I carried a Buck Mayo Cutback
grabbing a pic of the interwebs
174.jpg

Longest edc'd knife would be this Uncle Henry stockman. I bought it in 1970 & carried it every single day until I retired it sometime around the turn of the century. It's worn out the right front pocket of many a pair of jeans.
IMG_0708-X3.jpg

I’m impressed, I’m way too indecisive and tend to switch up what I carry every few weeks. Having said that I’ve been carrying some form of a pm2 for years but that doesn’t really count because it’s been several different varieties.

Buck 110 I carried at work back in the 70s-80s. Carried it daily for maybe 10 years. It is in my desk drawer unused currently.

I'll see if I can dig out my old Buck Metro. It lived on my keychain for at least 15 years before being retired.

A Kershaw Shallot 1840CKT. It was the only "expensive" knife that I bought before I started collecting knives recently. Think it cost me about $80 at the time which was a lot of $ back in the 90's.

Bought 3 blems from KershawGuy after I lost an original version previously; bought 2 extras in case I lost one again. Have only used 1 of them; holding the other 2 in reserve. Only bought the blems because I couldn't find an original version to buy again for a reasonable price.

Carried the original and blem for years before I recently started collecting knives. Now I generally only carry cheaper knives (typically worth $50 or less) that I don't care if I use or lose. All of the other knives are just safe queens.

KE-1840CKT.jpg

url

Last edited:
a Japanese Buck 110 knock off ,that was issued to me by the MT Highway Patrol in April of 1985. For some reason we all called that knife "Big Lou".

Carried it until April of 2007 when I retired. Wish I could report it enabled me to do some heroic deeds , but Frankly I can't think of any. It did open a lot of ding-dongs and packs of trail mix though.

#2 would be the Army issue survival knife I carried on my survival vest for seventeen years as a Scout in my MT Army Natl Guard Aviation Unit . Maybe an ONTARIO? Need to get it out, haven't seen it in several years.

I carried a Case Jack knife (name?) for years. In recent years, I have carried a Victorinox Adventurer (side lock) for at least 10 years, probably more like 15 years. Bought it at a gunshow and I haven't attended one in years. Lost it once and replaced it. (Now have a number of spares in the cabinet.) Gunshows used to be one of my primary knife sources. I'd pick up a custom/handmade knife now and then, a few SAKs, maybe a switchblade for the novelty and so forth. Now, about the only shows I attend are knife shows.

I've owned a number of knives longer than this one, but I've definitely carried this one consistently for the longest time. It's been a little over a year and a half, I think, and I've carried it about 3/4 of the time since I got it.

Factor Equipment Iconic. It was cheap, and I treat it as such, but the blade has held up really well and it takes an exceptional edge.

45652446184_76038ac3e3_o.jpg

45652446394_359f6a1f7d_o.jpg

45652446554_3a5a9c959f_o.jpg

I carried a Spyderco Stretch VG10 for years. Just getting back into the hobby so lately I’ve been trying to figure out what I’m in to.

Either a Buck lock back of some sort or an Opinel (usually a 9 Inox) paired with a Micra. The aluminum framed Buck 110 from Copper and Clad has dominated my right rear pocket since getting it last year but for past many years, the Opinel has been carried more often.

Untitled by Pinnah, on Flickr

Back