Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just picked this 62087 up online and its a BEAUT in hand. Claims to be new, never sharpened and I cant argue with it, it looks amazing.

View attachment 789612

I bought it to be an EDC kind of knife, a cherished keepsake, hand it down kinda knife that my kid can one day show off the patina and the smooth bone from riding in his Dad's pocket all that time...but its so nice...I almost dont know if I can do it! Im on the fence, and I dont own safe/drawer queens so if I cant get over using this thing it will likely move on from here.

Matt
it is so beautiful. How could you not use it? It is begging to be put to use, and you might as well carry and use a really good looking knife! :thumbsup:

I hope this helps Matt ;). Michael

I literally just unboxed the Bose/Case Coffin Jack and I am extremely pleased. I'm 2 for 2! Like my Dogleg, this one is perfect, not a flaw. A little lighter pull on the main blade. I'm developing a problem.....already got my sights set on a Cattle Knife in the future. ;)
20171030_122423.jpg

Matt, that knife is an absolutely perfect candidate for the reason you bought it. It's your call, of course but you're not going to do much better than that unless you just don't like the knife in general.

I can picture it with well worn covers and the picture I have in my head is pretty nice.

it is so beautiful. How could you not use it? It is begging to be put to use, and you might as well carry and use a really good looking knife! :thumbsup:

I hope this helps Matt ;). Michael

I cant put the thing down. Its spent more time on my desk and in my hands than in my pocket today...I think its gorgeous now...I cant wait to see how much better it looks after some pocket time.

Matt

rRuva8C.jpg

Yes!

I literally just unboxed the Bose/Case Coffin Jack and I am extremely pleased. I'm 2 for 2! Like my Dogleg, this one is perfect, not a flaw. A little lighter pull on the main blade. I'm developing a problem.....already got my sights set on a Cattle Knife in the future. ;)
View attachment 789703
Great score! The handle on the coffin jack is so intriguing to me! One question though, how is the access to the main pull? Every picture I've seen shows the pen blade obscuring most of it.

Just picked this 62087 up online and its a BEAUT in hand. Claims to be new, never sharpened and I cant argue with it, it looks amazing.

View attachment 789612

I bought it to be an EDC kind of knife, a cherished keepsake, hand it down kinda knife that my kid can one day show off the patina and the smooth bone from riding in his Dad's pocket all that time...but its so nice...I almost dont know if I can do it! Im on the fence, and I dont own safe/drawer queens so if I cant get over using this thing it will likely move on from here.

Matt
That’s a knife just begging to become “ my dads knife” if I’ve ever seen one! The 087 pattern is my favorite of all the Case patterns. I have them in pen, jack and a very special stockman.
Take it from a guy that was having those same thoughts last year. Put it in your pocket for you and your kids!

Clay

Great score! The handle on the coffin jack is so intriguing to me! One question though, how is the access to the main pull? Every picture I've seen shows the pen blade obscuring most of it.

Thank you. It's hard to tell from pics but the main pull is not obscured at all near the front of the pull. It sits just above the pen blade. It's not an issue at all to get your nail in there and pull the blade out. Interestingly I can pinch the front of the main open pretty easy as well.
20171031_090636.jpg

20171031_090729.jpg

I don't have a picture handy right now but the long pull on my Case/Bose Cattle Knife is similar. Most of the long pull hides behind the other two blades.

Although it doesn't look like it, there is ample amount of the pull exposed and my thumbnail just kind of naturally lands in the right spot when opening that blade. It looks hard to access in pictures but it's easy in actual use.

Thank you. It's hard to tell from pics but the main pull is not obscured at all near the front of the pull. It sits just above the pen blade. It's not an issue at all to get your nail in there and pull the blade out. Interestingly I can pinch the front of the main open pretty easy as well.
View attachment 790075

View attachment 790076

That’s such a great knife.

That’s a knife just begging to become “ my dads knife” if I’ve ever seen one! The 087 pattern is my favorite of all the Case patterns. I have them in pen, jack and a very special stockman.
Take it from a guy that was having those same thoughts last year. Put it in your pocket for you and your kids!

Clay

Ive decided to do just that!!!

IMG_20171030_151620567.jpg

And even used it to open the package that my 2017 Peanut came in. This knife will be carried and used often in hopes that it will become my Son's first knife if it survives the years and doesnt go missing (its TINY!!!).

IMG_20171030_175341987.jpg

Matt

Two nice Case Bose Collaborations :thumbsup:

There's not a big difference between the Coffin and Dogleg as far as accessing the nick. I think the Coffin might be a little easier plus can be plucked open as you mentioned. I have trouble with the pen blades due to a bad thumb so it's single blades for me.

Last edited:
I hope this counts as a traditional.

It's a new old stock ( 1977 vintage ) imperial "Veri Veri sharp " 8" serrated poultry slicer that I scored for 99¢ at a Goodwill. Don't know how I'll sharpen it if it ever dulls, but it is serrated so it may take a while.
It's super thin like most imperials are, so of course it should be one a helluva slicer.
As you can see on the sticker It's original price was $2.19 so it's definitely not high end, but I sure love Imperial for their decent quality to value ratio.
Dishwasher-safe. Icing on the cake!

I posted this TL-29 mod with snakewood covers in another thread yesterday, but it’s too pretty to not share again. Glennbad is the man.

IGipGDA.jpg
Frailer, that snakewood is striking:thumbsup: How do you like it otherwise? F&F?

66sprint6 66sprint6 , except for real work knives like Opinel and DoukDouk, all of my pocket knives go into a small slip, or the coin pocket of my dress slacks (without the coins). Keeps em looking fresh.

66sprint6 66sprint6 , except for real work knives like Opinel and DoukDouk, all of my pocket knives go into a small slip, or the coin pocket of my dress slacks (without the coins). Keeps em looking fresh.

Yes! Same here. I don't mind wear and tear but try not to tear them up unnecessarily if possible. My harder use traditionals however get beat on a bit and I don't care if keys or coins are mixed in with them while pocketed.

Matt

Back