Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Gotta admit I'm kind of smitten with this new to me but well used by someone JA Henckels whittler. After a thorough cleaning and oiling, all three blades have good snap and it sharpened up nicely. Cosmetically, it's a little rough around the edges, but it's obviously a user so scratched up blades are no big deal, and I really like the pocket worn smooth look of the scales. I don't even mind the missing paint on the shield. :p

26398902179_ef77d2ae4a_c.jpg

26395624269_689fe44b72_c.jpg

Only potential problem is that if I don't close the little sheepsfoot blade carefully, it catches on the liner. Not sure if anything can be done about that. Not much of a problem for me since I'm used to knives with 1-2 blades max anyway. :)

38144602972_e80fb6fab8_c.jpg

IMG_1908.JPG I just received this one yesterday, after reaching out to a fine member here on BF. This makes my third 57 in the last couple of weeks, 1 Geppetto with a clip main, 1 Wrangler with a punch, and this Geppetto with the wharncliffe. Thanks to those that helped make the trifecta happen. -Lance

View attachment 793570 I just received this one yesterday, after reaching out to a fine member here on BF. This makes my third 57 in the last couple of weeks, 1 Geppetto with a clip main, 1 Wrangler with a punch, and this Geppetto with the wharncliffe. Thanks to those that helped make the trifecta happen. -Lance

Good looking knife, Lance! I like the Wharncliffe blade and that small Clip blade is pretty neat too.

You're on a roll with those 57's!:eek: Do you have a favorite among those three?

View attachment 793570 I just received this one yesterday, after reaching out to a fine member here on BF. This makes my third 57 in the last couple of weeks, 1 Geppetto with a clip main, 1 Wrangler with a punch, and this Geppetto with the wharncliffe. Thanks to those that helped make the trifecta happen. -Lance
Hey, I'm glad you found one! It's one of my favorite whittlers. :thumbsup:

Once you've had a chance to really pocket carry each version, I'd like to know which one works for you the best, and why. For me even an identical knife with two different cover materials can feel completely different, so that could play into it as much as the blade selection. I already know which version is my favorite and most useful for me, I'm curious what you find works for you. Enjoy the 57 Pattern, it's one of my favorites.

AlwaysTomboy AlwaysTomboy looks like the last owner bent both small blades out of the way of the large blade for clearance. They can be bent back some, and kicks filed a bit to drop the tips into the well for safety's sake.
That looks like a great working tool! :) Just the kind of knife I'm crazy about lately.
Michael

Last edited:
Good looking knife, Lance! I like the Wharncliffe blade and that small Clip blade is pretty neat too.

You're on a roll with those 57's!:eek: Do you have a favorite among those three?
Hi Rick! I'm going to have to say that my early favorite is the Ebony Geppetto, with the Wharncliffe, but that's subject to change as I get to use them a little.

Once you've had a chance to really pocket carry each version, I'd like to know which one works for you the best, and why. For me even an identical knife with two different cover materials can feel completely different, so that could play into it as much as the blade selection. I already know which version is my favorite and most useful for me, I'm curious what you find works for you. Enjoy the 57 Pattern, it's one of my favorites.
Hi Josh, I'll be sure to compare notes with you after they each ride along with me for awhile.

Back