Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Would be if I had a dishwasher
I plan on being very careful not to get this handle wet so it doesn't eventually rot...ect because I can't see a wood Handel going in a dishwasher.

My folks had a similar Imperial knife they used for I don't know how long (40+ years I'd guess). They never owned a dishwasher but I sure remember seeing it sitting in a pot of water more than a time or two :)

My folks had a similar Imperial knife they used for I don't know how long (40+ years I'd guess). They never owned a dishwasher but I sure remember seeing it sitting in a pot of water more than a time or two :)

That's great to know.

Btw I found this read on the back of the package amusing.

And here's the rest of the lineup

Thought I'd go simple this time. Case 3 5/8" 4137 SS Workman Series Sod Buster Jr. with as ground blade and blue composite covers.

GPeidpF.jpg

And here it is with it's full sized 4 5/8" version.

tPfTQTp.jpg

0D2A9540-30F0-4EF0-9B61-5E26B433AB92.jpeg 735357F0-4BFB-469A-86FA-C3E4098ACF5C.jpeg 5DD65483-7CF3-47D2-A6D8-23DF009B3F17.jpeg 53834F3A-7AAF-4D06-9A0B-9AB8F8CE9B92.jpeg 52FBC091-2B25-4889-8BF3-D8A422A162E9.jpeg 2392DDBB-56AB-4CB3-830B-CC8C9A3E722C.jpeg 7122BCFE-930A-40BF-8F5D-C2588E235EC8.jpeg E2290D17-A1AE-4E3C-BA10-A997F3F5899E.jpeg This is how to deploy the blade in a Swedish Barrel Knife. You depress the lock spring with the right thumb and pull the guts out almost to the end. Then you lift both hands to pop the point. Now stick the point in the handle and finish opening the blade. Notice that the hands never touch the blade nor the rest of the innards. When the blade stop is seated, shove the innards home. The lock will click.

View attachment 791684 View attachment 791685 View attachment 791686 View attachment 791687 View attachment 791688 View attachment 791689 View attachment 791690 View attachment 791692 This is how to deploy the blade in a Swedish Barrel Knife. You depress the lock spring with the right thumb and pull the guts out almost to the end. Then you lift both hands to pop the point. Now stick the point in the handle and finish opening the blade. Notice that the hands never touch the blade nor the rest of the innards. When the blade stop is seated, shove the innards home. The lock will click.
Never seen that before. Thanks for sharing. How stable is the blade once locked? Seems like it could be a bit loose it not done properly.

521762E1-46D1-4F54-9E7B-10DE864984B8.jpeg These are/were made by many manufacturers, and they are hand fitted. Some are sticky, some tight, and some are just right. The tight ones can be fixed with a barrette file. Because the “tunnel” through the handle is wood, the fit can be a little tighter when the humidity is high and looser when the humidity is low. The inherent design problem in my opinion is the size of the lock pin. I cannot get a caliper on it, but it looks to be about 0.050” in diameter. It bears the brunt of stabbing forces. I cannot recommend this knife to stabby users.

Minutes old, a Bull Moose clad in Natural Micarta:thumbsup:
Liking it already:cool:
o8zMY8.jpg

bJcN2p.jpg

These two just showed up in the mailbox this afternoon. :thumbsup:

DKEkvmj.jpg
Very nice Paul and Barrett! I very much like the natural micarta. Funny thing is, when I first started buying knives (not so very long ago), I'd pass on micarta for more 'natural' scale materials. Then I picked up a micarta knife from Todd Davison on the exchange and did a180. In fact, I have a natural micarta Euro-Barlow on reserve and can't wait.

Three Ulster Barlow's arrived today, one made for Western, one for Sears Craftsman and one old Bone handled Ulster Knife Co.

LFKJbxi.jpg

W7Gs6i1.jpg
Steve, I'm drooling on my screen! That's my favorite pattern and your 3 are choice. Did they come as a set?

Very nice Paul and Barrett! I very much like the natural micarta. Funny thing is, when I first started buying knives (not so very long ago), I'd pass on micarta for more 'natural' scale materials. Then I picked up a micarta knife from Todd Davison on the exchange and did a180. In fact, I have a natural micarta Euro-Barlow on reserve and can't wait.

Steve, I'm drooling on my screen! That's my favorite pattern and your 3 are choice. Did they come as a set?
Thanks Tom, I to kept distance from Micarta for a time, it is without a doubt a material/cover I really like now. I love how it ages, and it does grow old gracefully:thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Tom, I won three different auction on Ebay for these :thumbsup:

Back