Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I didn't have a Pemberton and when one made itself available I picked it up. It's small in size but yet a substantial knife. I really like it and it will ride as backup in my watch pocket:thumbsup:
eJ88xK.jpg

4Go3qr.jpg

JOM2d5.jpg

u1XZmz.jpg

bXbEXm.jpg

IMG_2263.PNG IMG_2265.PNG IMG_2264.PNG I have to show everybody my new RFP carry. Lately I have been drawn to antique knives with their worn bone scales and bolsters and patinaed blades showing what I think is a lot of character and have decided that I need one to carry and age myself. 60 is just right around the corner so I don't know if I have enough time to get one aged like some we have seen but I'm going to give it my best shot. I picked up this Catt off of the big auction site recently. It's basically a new unused knife that has just sat in a collection. After receiving it I have just really become enamored with its quality and unique characteristics. It's the first pen knife I have seen that the secondary blade has a half stop where as the main blade does not. Both blades have such great smooth walk and talk and both talk loudly. Just great old school craftsmanship all around. I'll also like the nail nick that is placed farther forward on the blade making it much easier to open. The peach seed jigging and the fit of the scales I feel is excellent as well. At only 3 1/4 inches long and a little over 5/16 of an inch thick it makes for a very tidy little package. The blades do not rub in such a tight area. There might be some that think I am crazy to actually put this one to use. But like I said I don't have that many years left and I'm going to enjoy what I want.

I didn't have a Pemberton and when one made itself available I picked it up. It's small in size but yet a substantial knife. I really like it and it will ride as backup in my watch pocket:thumbsup:
eJ88xK.jpg

4Go3qr.jpg

JOM2d5.jpg

u1XZmz.jpg

bXbEXm.jpg
Boy that is nice !!!!! Congrats on the find my friend . They are just a wonderful little knife . GEC should make some more of them .

Harry

eJ88xK.jpg

4Go3qr.jpg

JOM2d5.jpg

u1XZmz.jpg

bXbEXm.jpg

Super nice, tip to hilt. I love the bone and the triple lined pinched bolsters!

View attachment 795238 View attachment 795240 View attachment 795239 I have to show everybody my new RFP carry. Lately I have been drawn to antique knives with their worn bone scales and bolsters and patinaed blades showing what I think is a lot of character and have decided that I need one to carry and age myself. 60 is just right around the corner so I don't know if I have enough time to get one aged like some we have seen but I'm going to give it my best shot. I picked up this Catt off of the big auction site recently. It's basically a new unused knife that has just sat in a collection. After receiving it I have just really become enamored with its quality and unique characteristics. It's the first pen knife I have seen that the secondary blade has a half stop where as the main blade does not. Both blades have such great smooth walk and talk and both talk loudly. Just great old school craftsmanship all around. I'll also like the nail nick that is placed farther forward on the blade making it much easier to open. The peach seed jigging and the fit of the scales I feel is excellent as well. At only 3 1/4 inches long and a little over 5/16 of an inch thick it makes for a very tidy little package. The blades do not rub in such a tight area. There might be some that think I am crazy to actually put this one to use. But like I said I don't have that many years left and I'm going to enjoy what I want.

I don't think your crazy, carry, use and enjoy ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SteveC, your Camillus jack is just fantastic! I just this week added a Bullwinkle J Moose in blood red jigged bone. This one isn't listed in the production totals, but our resident expert (Waynorth) thought they only made about a dozen of them. I love the shield on this one.

NkUIANs.jpg

Last edited:
SteveC, your Camillus jack is just fantastic! I just this week added a Bullwinkle J Moose in blood red jigged bone. This one isn't listed in the production totals, but our resident expert (Waynorth) thought they only made about a dozen of them. I love the shield on this one.

NkUIANs.jpg

Thanks !
Nice Bullmoose :thumbsup:

NkUIANs.jpg

That shield is great ! And unusual. Is it asymmetrical ? Hard to tell with the angle.

I always admired the canoe pattern but until recently had never owned one. I received this one today, so of course now I have two. It's marked Queen City on the main spear and Cozy Glen Classic Knives on the pen secondary. Can anyone help with a date on it?

From what I've read I believe it to be 1095. I'm very impressed with it overall. There are two quirks, the worm groove covers are a little on the "chunky" side but that matches the the knife's look and there is a swedge on the pile side of the main blade. I don't remember ever seeing that.

In reading through some old threads Jeff ( black mamba black mamba ) mentioned that his was on the dull side. I guess if by dull you mean unsharpened from the factory. It only took about ten minutes to get it sharp as I like it.
image.jpeg

joeradza, I also have a Queen City/Cozy Glen Canoe. I cannot read the bottom line except for "OH" Ohio? I remember it being 1095 and I want to say I have had mine for about 8 years, but as to when it was actually made I am not sure. I did see one posting that said they only made 100 of these patterns and it was supposedly circa 2005. John

Back